Original topic:

Problem with Netflix since the update to Android 11 Samsung a40

(Topic created on: 04-05-2021 01:23 AM)
K125sx
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy A

Hello

My a40 was running fine than the update to Android 11 came and it messed it up..

Netflix and prime were freezing and crashing. I already disabled HD playback on prime and now it works fine,but Netflix is still crashing. I already reinstalled the app and it didnt help :(

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Kind regards 

52 Comments
Angygz
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
Restart will help you , i had
0 Likes
K125sx
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

Meh I already did this and cleaned the partition cache it must be something with the drm or so. 

Tbgy777
Active Level 1
Galaxy A

I have the sane problem since Android 11 update. All stream apps unusable (Netflix, Prime, etc). They worked flawless before the update. I tried ALL solution advised. None helped. Just made factory reset, same problem. I wrote to Samsung helpdesk, no help.

Please, I am quite desperate, any help is much appriciated. 

Elmira O
Beginner Level 5
Galaxy A

Same here

0 Likes
DragosSV
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

I have the same problem , with my a40 , i tried everething,  cleared cache , reinstaled app...nothing works

shadowuk4
Active Level 1
Galaxy A

Same here after update. Streaming apps not working. Got chatting to Samsung support via chat and all I got was reset your phone. Don't want to spend hours setting phone up again if reset dosnt work. As you say andriod 10 worked fine. 11 is buggy. I'm waiting for another update. Tried netflix support and they say it's down to the manufacturer.

Shame I cannot roll back update like Windows.

Tbgy777
Active Level 1
Galaxy A

You can, and I did roll back to Android 10. (Although it is very much not official procedure, but very simple). Netflix works fine and flawless on Android 10. 

But Android forces itself to update, and you can't stop it to do so.

Utterly annoying...

shadowuk4
Active Level 1
Galaxy A

Did it install version 11 again. If so did it fix netflix etc.

0 Likes
Tbgy777
Active Level 1
Galaxy A

Sorry if I misunderstood. I skip Android 11 update every day, so for now everything is fine on Android 10, as it used to be.
I wait till Android 11 settles a usable version on Galaxy A40, so far it is the worst version of Android ever...