Original topic:

July Security Update - Samsung is no longer allowing you to downgrade software

(Topic created on: 09-01-2021 10:06 PM)
noahm
Active Level 8
Options
Others
Just an FYI, as the topic says... IF you update to the latest security patch of July you cannot downgrade your software again on your device.

This is because with the July update, Samsung has updated the fuse versions of Knox. It's a part of Knox's "RP" which stands for "Rollback Prevention".

The RP fuse version number is set when system software is initially installed and when specific updates occur. Once the RP fuse version number is set, it is impossible to revert back to legacy software versions.

You can read about this more here:
22 Comments
Liyoshiyona
Active Level 6
Others
After updating sw with august security patch, i can downgrade android 11 to android 10,
Not all, Only some devices that cannot be downgraded after updating thats patch
0 Likes
noahm
Active Level 8
Others
I am pretty sure that is because you have rooted the device.
If not, may be I can do some more digging and update this post.
What's the device you have downgraded the software and was it not rooted?

As far as the Android thread discussions went on XDA, this is applicable for all the devices which are on the latest security update.

(Rooting is not discussed here in Samsung Community as it revokes the warranty)

0 Likes
Liyoshiyona
Active Level 6
Others
My device is Galaxy S20 5G and 100000% sure not rooted my device and knox 0×0
System is official, samsung allow downgrade 11 to 10. Try it now. Same binary version always support downgrade device
0 Likes
Liyoshiyona
Active Level 6
Others
If you challenge me, I will do it. I will even present a video related to it
0 Likes
noahm
Active Level 8
Others
Jesus Christ, I am not sure why you are so offended by everything!?

On that other post you didn't read the replies properly, and now here also you want to start an argument!
You seem to love conflict, but I do not.

I am trying to be civilized here, and I just suggested that I will check with XDA guys because the fuse updates might have been region specific.

This post is based on a discussion thread in XDA, and the conversation there concluded with deciding that this was a common change to all devices. So that's why nothing device specific is mentioned here in this post. It is simply a general post.

I won't be saying "incorrect" stuff without knowing, so if there is a correction/an addition I will surely update the post with that information. That was the aim of my previous comment as well.
But here you are, yet again trying to start something I certainly do not intend to be a part of.

And by all means, you can do whatever you like!
You are the one making assumptions on your own and trying to escalate the situation!
Liyoshiyona
Active Level 6
Others
I told the truth, I did not invite you to a conflict, I answered what you asked me, do not blame me for covering up your ignorance.
0 Likes
Liyoshiyona
Active Level 6
Others
You are a person who obtains information from the Internet and presents it irresponsibly. Practically study and gain experience and present information, do not socialize falsehood
0 Likes
Liyoshiyona
Active Level 6
Others
I do not want to argue with you, any Android developer who sees this can understand that what I said is true, you can try downgrade samsung device with android 11 to 10 same binary version and post your results, From now on I will not communicate with people like you, thank you so much dear
0 Likes
noahm
Active Level 8
Others
LMAO ok. 😅 👏 👏
I had to type this reply as my last comment on this post, because see... you have typed 3 replies trying to demean me! It seems like the second hand embarassment in the other post hasn't changed anything in you.
So to me, now you are some deranged troll on internet trying to be a wise-@$$, hence I couldn't care less about your "opinion" about me. 😊
Plus, I do not know how much English you understand and the extent of your comprehension skills.
Doesn't seem it is on the higher end though. So yes, it's pointless to keep on typing replies anyway.

And thank you for explaining what binary is! I didn't know. 🙏 😅
Also thank you for adding classy thoughtful comments under the post.
Google or an Android forum would have helped, but perhaps that train has left the station now.

I am glad you won't reply now though. One less unpleasantness to deal with!