Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Vertical Green line on S22 Ultra

(Topic created on: 11-18-2023 08:05 AM)
SPCharles
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
I'm using S22 Ultra for about 7 months and I'm the second person to use this. It was working fine. Today I just took my phone and browsed interent I got a very thin vertical green line in the left side for the 1st time. I was tensed and immediately restarted my phone and did not see the line after. Some rumors says this could be a result of software updates? Currently, I'm having android 13 one UI 5.1 last updated on October 31. Unluckly that phone is now out of warranty just 2 months. Anybody there who can provide me any tip or solutions to my problem to avoid the green line appearing on the screen hereafter? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AkashMadusnka
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
I’m sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your S22 Ultra’s screen. The green line issue on the S22 Ultra could be caused by a hardware problem, a software glitch, or a display setting,

Restart your phone in Safe Mode. This is a good way to see if you have a software problem.

Disable Edge Panels. Some users have reported that disabling Edge Panels solved the green line issue.

Try changing the display refresh rate to 60hz.

Contact Samsung Support or visit a Samsung Service Center. If none of the above solutions work. Maybe you can get a display replacement for free even the warranty is over due. They do this for some selected devices.😞

If my comment is helpful to you in any way, consider to select the Accept Solution by clicking on the 3 dots of the comment.
Thank you 😊

View solution in context

7 Comments
Solution
AkashMadusnka
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
I’m sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your S22 Ultra’s screen. The green line issue on the S22 Ultra could be caused by a hardware problem, a software glitch, or a display setting,

Restart your phone in Safe Mode. This is a good way to see if you have a software problem.

Disable Edge Panels. Some users have reported that disabling Edge Panels solved the green line issue.

Try changing the display refresh rate to 60hz.

Contact Samsung Support or visit a Samsung Service Center. If none of the above solutions work. Maybe you can get a display replacement for free even the warranty is over due. They do this for some selected devices.😞

If my comment is helpful to you in any way, consider to select the Accept Solution by clicking on the 3 dots of the comment.
Thank you 😊
SPCharles
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Thank you for your comment brother. This is really helpful for me😇. I will follow your advices accordingly.
AkashMadusnka
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
You're welcome😊
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Hi... It might come back. If in case needs to have a display replacement. May I know your device brought from Samsung LK or their authorized partners/dealer?
0 Likes
SPCharles
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Thank you for your concern brother. Actually this phone is imported from Canada by the 1st owner with Snapdragon 512gb. He used it for about 4 months and I bought and used it for about 7 months. Before buying the phone I was already informed that I have no hardware replacement in Sri Lanka. I have to send it back to Canada, India or USA. The 1st onwer is still in contact with me and I informed it to him. He said that he will talk to the people is Canada and let me know. Oh my God, while I'm typing this I got the green line again 😥. I was certain that this green line problem is visible in pervious S series models like S20U, S21U. If I'm certain that I would get to this phone I would have not bought it from Sri Lanka with warranty claims acceptable in Sri Lanka. The 1st owner is very kind he gave me appologize for the inconvenience that I went through. Also, I noticed that after last update on october 31 many S22 U got the green line and after affect my phone only I was aware of it after doing a research on this, and I also updated my phone last on Oct 31. Anyway this is my case, what solution I can get to solve my problem. If anyone could help me with this would be much appreciated.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Hi 👋
Sorry to hear that
But I think you may have been shown something that will be certain in the future so be careful with the device 🥲
0 Likes
SPCharles
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Yeah brother, it came back and now it is permanent and growing little by little thicker😢. I see that it is very unfair with this flagship phones that Samsung is doing with as they grap a huge amount of money from us at the beginning claiming for the phone quality, reliability, and features. Seriously I'm a Samsung brand user. Now I feel it is better to shift to an ordinary phone with standard usage capability. I was using A01 for 3 years and dropped it many times still it is very reliable and working good. After buying this phone I'm very concern about this phone handling like a baby but it became defective and very very disappointing and frustrating. I always fight with my friends that Samsung is very reliable and excellent in providing quality performance especially with the display, but by now I have to withdraw my promise. Anyway, it is a good experience and learning let's take everything as a fate and see for the next....