Original topic:

A white bar appeared on S22 Ultra screen out of the blue

(Topic created on: 02-23-2023 11:08 AM)
SamOnSung
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy S

Re-post: My previous post was marked as spam for somewhat reason.

A white bar appeared on my S22 Ultra screen out of the blue (21/12/2022).

It's never been dropped and has no physical damage.

It is protected by a solid case and a screen protector.

It seems due to a faulty screen.

Has anyone had this issue with their devices?

It's still under warranty.

It's a pre-ordered device. (Softlogic).

It failed to run for at least 1 year. 

Update (27/01/2023): 

I handed over my device  to the Samsung Service Center. (I skipped the season.)
They said that it need a screen replacement and didn't inform me why and how it happened.  

They didn't give me a replacement phone and I have to switch back to my old device for my daily tasks. 

I bought a new device because the old device can't handle my workload in the first place. 

Update (09/02/2023):

It's been 2 weeks. I don't have any updates on my device.

The last update was, they were waiting for replacement parts to arrive.

Update (14/02/2023): 

The job is completed. Got the device back from the Samsung repair center.
In this warranty claim they have replaced the Screen with the frame and Battery.

The Back panel and the internal circuitry are the only parts reused from the original device.

Got a test results sheet for tests such as a waterproof test and Sound/Mic, etc.

For anyone who has this issue, I recommend claiming the warranty otherwise the display colors will start to fade and will be dead eventually. It will cost around Rs. 186,000 for the screen replacement if the device is out of warranty.

It took more than 2 weeks to complete the job (They is a replacement part importing delay). 

Update (23/02/2023): 

I updated the device a few days back and it is running the latest update with One UI 5.1

So far no issues. The device will not run into any more issues hopefully. 

IMG-20221221-WA0007.jpgIMG-20221221-WA0010.jpgIMG-20221221-WA0011.jpg

10 Comments
Galaxy S
Glad to hear you got the issue sorted out with minimal hassle.
Galaxy S
I also updated today but no any issues came to me .. try to rest your device and check
0 Likes
Galaxy S
UI 5.1 Screenshot_20230225_033210_One UI Home.jpg
0 Likes
chrisrhob
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S

The same thing happened to me after update. Clearly it is a hardware issue since it only appears when you turn on 120Hz under Motion Smoothness settings by selecting "Adaptive". I will try to have this serviced by Samsung. Samsung should issue either a fix if it is fixable or if not, a replacement free of charge since it renders S22 Ultra 120Hz, (a flagship phone) useless. 😑😠😤viber_image_2023-08-06_13-23-46-099.jpg

HD89
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I bought mine through Dialog. When I called them about this issue they basically said there is nothing they can do about it.

Can someone in SL let me know how I can get in touch with the service centre?
0 Likes
HD89
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Update:

I went by an authorised repair place. I am outside the warranty period.

The issue started to show literally weeks after the warranty period expired.

The repair place did not give me a time frame nor a pricing. I have to basically handover the phone and wait.

They will first evaluate and then quote. And once I confirm they will put the order through for the replacement.

There was no indication of how long or how much this would cost me and best of all I would have to figure out a different phone to use in the meantime.

This is not what I expected of Samsung or Dialog when I bought the highest end model on offer at the time.

It's very disappointing.
0 Likes
mhdzumair
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I got the same issue today. But my warrenty period is over 3months ago. 😒 setting 60hz is temporarily working.
0 Likes
RushikaD
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Can the One UI 6 update fix this issue?
0 Likes
DeDeDina
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

This happened to my S22 Ultra a couple weeks ago.  I took it into a repair shop and they ordered a new screen (which of course is on backorder) for a cost of $318.99 because I am out of warranty.  In the meantime I'm waiting to see if that will make a difference and come back here and let everyone know.

However, it does seem kind of weird that this is happening to just the 22 Ultra???

0 Likes