Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Samsung weather app

(Topic created on: 05-28-2022 12:07 PM)
Azeemlive
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note
Hi, I'm using a Samsung note20 ultra 5g (korean version ) snapdragon processor. 

I need your help to switch the korean weather report to global Samsung weather, due to the korean version my city is not available and many other cities in my country (srilanka). 

Appreciate if you could find a solution to change the Samsung weather app to global.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Galaxy Note
Hi... is it a carrier locked device? Does any carrier logo pop up when you turn on the device? 🤔 Anyway, I hope you already tried the methods to change the weather location. So I'm also not sure this can change from the Settings. Maybe it is locked to Korea.
So to avoid this here are my suggestions.

First, you can use a 3rd party App for the weather. Obviously it is the easiest way. Or else, you can flash the firmware to our region. But it is a bit complicated. You can get an idea from YouTube about this. 🙂 once after the flash, probably you should be able to change it.

If my comment is helpful to you in any way, consider select as an Accept Solution by clicking on the 3 dots of the comment.
Thank you 😊

View solution in context

3 Comments
Solution
Galaxy Note
Hi... is it a carrier locked device? Does any carrier logo pop up when you turn on the device? 🤔 Anyway, I hope you already tried the methods to change the weather location. So I'm also not sure this can change from the Settings. Maybe it is locked to Korea.
So to avoid this here are my suggestions.

First, you can use a 3rd party App for the weather. Obviously it is the easiest way. Or else, you can flash the firmware to our region. But it is a bit complicated. You can get an idea from YouTube about this. 🙂 once after the flash, probably you should be able to change it.

If my comment is helpful to you in any way, consider select as an Accept Solution by clicking on the 3 dots of the comment.
Thank you 😊
Azeemlive
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
Thank you for reply.

Yes, it pops up with LG+ carrier, and the weather report app is sourced with kr.weathernews.com. global version use the 'Accuweather' as a source. I'm trying to find out a way, to change the source of the weather app.

Is rooting the device is a good options?
Galaxy Note
OK... I think it's locked by the carrier.
Rooting has a risk of bugs... Because we're trying to add a different firmware to different hardware. Also, Significant hardware differents are in Korean versions. Like single sim slot. So it's not the best option. 😕