Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Some Apps not Working on Wifi but Works with Mobile Data

(Topic created on: 03-11-2022 06:33 AM)
Mian_Kashif_Ahmad
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy A
              My Easypaisa App & Bank App are not working on Wifi Connection on my Galaxy A51 android 11 but when i turn on Mobile Data Everything start working  fine. While my friend has Huawei Phone connected with the same wifi but his apps are working fine on that same WiFi. Also i have done the following steps already but nothing happened.

1. Turn on Airplane Mode & then turn off
2. Forgot Connection & reconnect to WiFi 
3. Reset Connection & Network Settings 
4. Reset Apps Preferences 
5. Clear Cache & data of the specific apps that aren't working 
6. Uninstall and Reinstall the Apps 
7. Mobile Data Only Apps are "OFF"

If you guys have solution for this issue other than i mentioned above, kindly share with me. I'll very Thankful to you guys coz it really important as my financial apps aren't working which sometimes creates a big problem for me as I'm away from home. 

Thank You
0 Likes
user9992112
Expert Level 3
Galaxy A
Same thing happens on my Zong internet but everything works fine on my wifi or jazz sim. So, this means there is something wrong with the ip address.
Galaxy A
I have Google this issue. They said when the connection is not stable then such kinda issues happen. & they only said "turn on Airplane Mode & then turn off" which doesn't help at all.
0 Likes
user9992112
Expert Level 3
Galaxy A
This only happens on banking apps which always require a secure connection. So, when there is a problem with IP address this happens.
0 Likes
Galaxy A
Yup you are right
0 Likes
Ali_Ahmad
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
@Mian_Kashif_Ahmad Have you found any solution? As i am facing the same problem
0 Likes
Galaxy A
It's a problem in the connection, i.e., ip address. Also, it is good to reset your phone if you have inserted an sd card in it or connected to other devices or pc through cable, which may bring malware into your phone. Coz, as far as I remember, the day I reset my phone and removed the sd card from it, everything works perfectly fine, and nothing wrong happened till this day
Ali_Ahmad
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Thank you so much for your feedback.
I could not get the 1st point i.e. problem in the connection/ ip address, would you please explain it a bit further for better understanding. I have two Samsung mobiles and two Readmi mobiles. Readmi mobiles are doing fine on the same network/ wifi but there is some issue in both the Samsung mobiles owing to which certain apps e.g. LinkedIn, Daraz are not working while Chrome, YouTube etc are working fine.
About resetting the mobile kindly note i neither have inserted sd card nor connectd to Pc through cable, should I still need to reset factory settings?
And in your case was it resetting the mobile that helped to resolve the issue ?
Looking forward to your kind feedback to proceed further accordingly. Thanks
Galaxy A
Every phone, when connected to the Internet, the Internet gives it a unique number to that device for the connection. That is called ip address. Problem in ip Adress means there's something wrong in your connection setting/wifi/Internet; it may be an unstable Internet connection. That is all what an ip address refers to.

Hard reset is something that makes your phone completely refresh. If you have installed some third-party apps that may cause your phone Internet unstable or any other malware entered into your device through any means, It wipes out of all the previous data, which makes the phone completely clean. So, in my case, I removed my sd card from my phone because inside my phone it shows everything ok but when I connected it to my laptop here I found some virus folders in my phone so I completely wipe out my phone and never connect it to any device through cable or inserted sd card again. And till this day, everything works fine. Otherwise, all the financial apps, including easypaisa, bank apps, eBay, etc, had stopped working on my phone. That's all I can say to you about my phone
Ali_Ahmad
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Thanks a lot brother for your help 😊
Let me work on it.
0 Likes
Galaxy A
Good Luck mate 👍