Original topic:

Introducing SPEN To PC!

(Topic created on: 12-30-2023 07:46 AM)
VinuraGallage
Active Level 4
Options
Tech Expert
It’s all started with a simple search in Google, trying to find a way to use SPen Air Actions in Windows to do a presentation in a cool way. Well, I could use a Bluetooth remote to do that, but where’s the fun. So searched for months and found a documentation on how to add Air Action to 3rd party android apps but there was no tool to integrate it to Windows. So here I am, developing my very own application, just to do presentations.

And I’m open sourcing it so that anyone can freely use it or customize it to their own needs. It's just not for doing presentations, you can map keys to each air action, but in future I’m planning to add shortcut mappings, so with a simple gesture, you can do more with your Windows device. So, let me introduce, 

SPEN To PC: Air Actions for Your Windows Device

A free and open-source application designed to seamlessly integrate Samsung S Pen’s Air Actions with Windows devices. This allows Galaxy users to control their computer remotely using Bluetooth-enabled SPen gestures and actions. 

It’s compatible with following SPen enabled devices:
  • Fully Compatible: Note9 or Newer, S22 Ultra or newer Ultra models, Tab S6 or newer
  • Partially Compatible (Require an SPen Pro): S21 Ultra, Z Fold 3, Z Fold 4, Z Fold 5, Tab S7 FE, Tab S9 FE 
  • Not Compatible with Tab S6 Lite 

Read more about it and try it out from here: https://github.com/th3-s7r4ng3r/SPEN-To-PC-WindowsApp/wiki

If you have an Air Action compatible device, give it a try. Just need to install the apps in the above link and connect both devices to the same network, and that’s all. Your friends got a device? Then share this with them to try. And let me know your thoughts!

PS: If anyone got a spare Note 10 or above model for few days? I need one to add motion Air gestures (swiping and rotation actions) support to the app. If you wonder what about the Tab S7+ got from Samsung, yes it’s compatible with this but the SPen battery is dead, can’t use Air Actions anymore. So, if anyone got a device or a Tab S7 pen, please let me know. Thanks! 
14 Comments
Tech Expert
Great job, brother... will try it soon
VinuraGallage
Active Level 4
Tech Expert
Cool. Let me know your feedback after then!
0 Likes
AkashMadusnka
Active Level 7
Tech Expert
Well done, brother 👏
Are you an old boy of Bandaranayake College ?
VinuraGallage
Active Level 4
Tech Expert
Thanks! Yep, from 2019th batch
AkashMadusnka
Active Level 7
Tech Expert
Ohhh.. Mr.Chathuranga always talks about you. Anyway, all the best, brother !
VinuraGallage
Active Level 4
Tech Expert
Ahh I See. One of amazing teachers!
Good luck with your exams too!
nicko1
Active Level 1
Tech Expert

status is connected but S pen does not work. 

_Then scroll down, Click on the SPEN To PC icon, and enable it._  where can i find this settings exactly? 

thanks in advance. 

0 Likes
VinuraGallage
Active Level 4
Tech Expert
So what you need to do is, Go to the Settings of your mobile, then Advanced Features > S Pen > Air Actions.

Turn on Air Actions if it is off, then scroll down and you wil see SPEN TO PC app. Click on it and enable it.

Try this and let me know how it went 😄
0 Likes
nicko1
Active Level 1
Tech Expert

the problem is that i can not find any spen to pc app when i scroll down to enable it

0 Likes