Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Flashing via odin

(Topic created on: 04-20-2022 06:17 PM)
ManujaAlwis
Active Level 1
Options
Tablets

I want know if I can flash a different region firmware on my Galaxy tab s7. I mainly want do this because my region always get the updates last.

So I want to know a couple of things

1. Does this cancel my warranty

2. And would I be able to receive OTA updates normally after flashing

Any responses are appreciated

3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Tablets
Hi
Kindly not that if your tab is under warranty flashing a different firmware other than its original can cause warranty issues.
It depends on the region you use or flash it with but you will receive OTA updates as usual. Cause I did too once after my warranty period was over only I used odin to flash a different region firmware I used UK based it was stable and well.

You can download original firmware from
https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/

If you found my comment useful, kindly click on the 3 dots and select "Accept Solution"
Thank you so much 😊

View solution in context

Solution
Tablets
You have to be very specific when you flash... If your device has a multi CSC like OXM/ODM you can flash update your device to an another multi CSC. Make sure you use a multi CSC and not a carrier locked kind thing... Word is you'll receive OTA updates without an issue. But you'll lose/gain some calling features and apps depending the region you use.

If my comment help you in anyway please accept it as a solution....

View solution in context

Solution
Tablets
Software called Frija.

If my comment helped you in anyway please accept it as a solution... 😊

View solution in context

15 Comments
Solution
Tablets
Hi
Kindly not that if your tab is under warranty flashing a different firmware other than its original can cause warranty issues.
It depends on the region you use or flash it with but you will receive OTA updates as usual. Cause I did too once after my warranty period was over only I used odin to flash a different region firmware I used UK based it was stable and well.

You can download original firmware from
https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/

If you found my comment useful, kindly click on the 3 dots and select "Accept Solution"
Thank you so much 😊
ManujaAlwis
Active Level 1
Tablets
Thanks for the reply. If I flash the original firmware again can I get the warranty back?
Tablets
Probably it will still count as void warranty cause if the build, kernel, base band differ from the current installation it will void the warrenty, so better not to take a risk bro
Solution
Tablets
You have to be very specific when you flash... If your device has a multi CSC like OXM/ODM you can flash update your device to an another multi CSC. Make sure you use a multi CSC and not a carrier locked kind thing... Word is you'll receive OTA updates without an issue. But you'll lose/gain some calling features and apps depending the region you use.

If my comment help you in anyway please accept it as a solution....
ManujaAlwis
Active Level 1
Tablets
Thanks for your reply. Here is what I have right nowSmartSelect_20220421-122254_Settings_848_1650523974.jpg
ManujaAlwis
Active Level 1
Tablets
This is the one I'm planning to flash. Would this work?SmartSelect_20220421-123202_Chrome_849_1650524522.jpg
Tablets
Yeah this will work... There's a pc software if you want to download the update fast. Sammobile was a bit tricky back then...
ManujaAlwis
Active Level 1
Tablets
Can you tell me about the software 😀
Solution
Tablets
Software called Frija.

If my comment helped you in anyway please accept it as a solution... 😊