Original topic:

Samsung smart TV users get remote healthcare through HealthTap

(Topic created on: 10-15-2022 02:18 AM)
Sha_zan
Expert Level 2
Options
Samsung Health

Source: SamMobile

Users of Samsung Smart TV across the United States will soon have access to health care via their large-screen devices. The Korean tech giant has partnered with HealthTap, the U.S.'s leading virtual primary care provider, to deliver virtual healthcare to its smart TVs.

HealthTap gave a demonstration of the Samsung smart TV extension to SDC22. Through it, customers in the USA can seamlessly connect to the HealthTap interactive healthcare platform and get in touch with a doctor of their choice via a connected TV camera from the comfort of their homes. Clients will have several tools available to them, as well as access to physician biographies, supporting documents and video interviews. They will be able to set up an appointment for virtual sessions via their Samsung smart TV.

Samsung Smart TV users in other countries can also take advantage of this collaboration.

According to the official announcement (via BusinessWire), seniors in the United States are one of Samsung's most important smart TV shopping segments. As a result, this strategic collaboration is expected to have the greatest benefit for seniors.

Worth noting is that HealthTap virtual doctor appointments are available in many other countries besides the USA through the dedicated HealthTap app, with the caveat that customers always connect with U.S.-board-certified doctors. That said, it is not entirely clear whether Samsung smart TV owners in other countries will have access to remote healthcare via HealthTap as a result of this new strategic collaboration. The details of availability remain unclear.

3 Comments
W_Wijesundara
Expert Level 2
Samsung Health
Thanks for Sharing....🤩
0 Likes
Sha_zan
Expert Level 2
Samsung Health
My pleasure 😁
Patty17Stewart
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Health

How can I remove this from my Samsung TV? We are in an office setting and need to use the camera but I cannot get this HealthTap icon off the screen while using the camera. 

0 Likes