Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Can we import chrome passwords into Samsung Pass?

(Topic created on: 05-05-2021 04:08 AM)
Sandun Tharaka
Active Level 4
Options
Others

I want to get my chrome passwords to Samsung Pass without manually entering them since there are like 500 of them.
Is there any way to do it?

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
noahm
Active Level 8
Others
If your Chrome passwords are synced to your Google account, you can use the same account for Samsung Pass (log into Samsung account using gmail and sync).
All your passwords will be synced and available to use.
Also make sure that Sync option is turned ON for Google account and Samsung account in their respective account settings.
And check the sync option in your device via > long press Sync icon in quick panel > Details > Check the accounts. If the set up is OK, then your passwords should sync.

Otherwise, there is no way you can manually import or export passwords to and from Samsung Pass YET.

View solution in context

Solution
noahm
Active Level 8
Others
Based on the question, I recommended the syncing method but yes this works too if ultimately what he wants to do is use Google info *more often*.
Afterwards if the user wants to autofill with something saved in Samsung Pass, he/she will have to use the "three dots" icon appearing in the keyboard and select Samsung Pass and select the info manually. Always.
If the user has a lot of saved info in Samsung Pass as well, then scrolling through to find the match will be a bit troublesome.

On the other hand, syncing enables the usage of both Google saved info and Samsung Pass's saved info, via Samsung Pass app.

View solution in context

13 Comments
Solution
noahm
Active Level 8
Others
If your Chrome passwords are synced to your Google account, you can use the same account for Samsung Pass (log into Samsung account using gmail and sync).
All your passwords will be synced and available to use.
Also make sure that Sync option is turned ON for Google account and Samsung account in their respective account settings.
And check the sync option in your device via > long press Sync icon in quick panel > Details > Check the accounts. If the set up is OK, then your passwords should sync.

Otherwise, there is no way you can manually import or export passwords to and from Samsung Pass YET.
Paindude
Beginner Level 3
Others

Um, no. This won't work.  I have a Samsung account, and clicking on 'Sign in with google' does nothing.  I have to sign in with my Samsung username and password. So, no, this doesn't work.  Which is why no one uses Samsung pass.

0 Likes
Others

thank you for the quick reply, I will try this. 

noahm
Active Level 8
Others
Thanks for accepting the reply as a solution. Let us know how it goes.
nipoo
Expert Level 5
Others
Settings > General management > Language and input > Autofill service > Google

No need to sync passwords with Samsung Pass.

Sorce: https://android.gadgethacks.com/how-to/use-your-saved-chrome-passwords-log-into-apps-your-galaxy-023...

use-your-saved-chrome-passwords-log-into-apps-your-galaxy.w1456 (1)_22625.jpg

use-your-saved-chrome-passwords-log-into-apps-your-galaxy.w1456 (2)_22626.jpg

use-your-saved-chrome-passwords-log-into-apps-your-galaxy.w1456_22624.jpg

XzY5C83nvoiaBmIiBb.gif

Solution
noahm
Active Level 8
Others
Based on the question, I recommended the syncing method but yes this works too if ultimately what he wants to do is use Google info *more often*.
Afterwards if the user wants to autofill with something saved in Samsung Pass, he/she will have to use the "three dots" icon appearing in the keyboard and select Samsung Pass and select the info manually. Always.
If the user has a lot of saved info in Samsung Pass as well, then scrolling through to find the match will be a bit troublesome.

On the other hand, syncing enables the usage of both Google saved info and Samsung Pass's saved info, via Samsung Pass app.
Others

Thanks bro. Syncing worked for me.

0 Likes
Others

Thank you for the reply bro. I have the most important passwords and card info in samsung pass so I want to use that without using google for auto fill. 

LadyVal
Beginner Level 3
Others

Thank you very much.  Sadly, the Sync method didnt work for me but this method worked.  👍

0 Likes