Original topic:

Vertical Green Line on my Note 20 Ultra

(Topic created on: 06-09-2022 09:04 AM)
safzath
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note
Hi,

i am using Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G for more than 1 and half a year.
I recently got One UI 4.1 update and then after updated. My phone got Green vertical line on the screen without any physical or liquid damage occurred.

I went to Samsung Service Centre and they checked my device and saying i have to replace the display. Which will cost the same amount of buying a new same model.

Please kindly advice me what should i do for it ?
Resolved!
Solution
Galaxy Note
Hi... sorry to hear that.
If the service center told to replace the display, I don't think there's any other solution apart from that.
Like Sadesh aiya mentioned, better to backup your phone in a case. Also, I have a small suggestion. And surely it's not the best one. Sometimes you may be able to find a damaged display at a lower price. But it should not be a pixel burned display, a cracked one. So you can find one on eBay or Ali express. Again I'm saying, It's not the best solution and should try this only if your current display completely not working.
Second, you can use Dex or link to Windows features when it possible. Because it'll turn off the display while you using the phone. So sometimes it could help you to use your current display last long. But not 100% sure about this as well.

If my comment is helpful to you in any way, consider select as an Accept Solution by clicking on the 3 dots of the comment.
Thank you 😊
Jinp
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
👌
NuwanD
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Plz update your phone....i already updated and fix it
safzath
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
I have got a software update yesterday and updated it. But still no changes.

podihetti
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy Note
The exact issue has occurred on my Note 20 Ultra as well...I bought this way back in 2020 and used it very carefully...no physical damage at all. Now suddenly theres a green vertical line appearing on the right side of my display. Very disappointed with to see this kinda hardware issues with Samsungs flagship devices.
Samsung_mAsKyw3
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

Dear Samsung

After the last software update my Samsung Note 20 Ultra is showing a vertical green line on the display.  I have used the phone with utmost care always.  I paid a huge sum to buy this phone which is favorite of me.  

It is your fault which caused the green line.

Jojo

0 Likes
safzath
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
They are not listening regarding this matter.

All you have to do is either replacing a display which will cost equal to the amount of buying a new phone

Or

Use your device as it is.
FYI
Lines will increase.
0 Likes
Prabhav Kamat
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

I am getting the same issue since today morning. The phone was fine last night and was kept for charging. No physical damage. Visited the Samsung service center and as expected they told me, it is hardware issue and screen needs to be replaced. As it is out of warrenty, it will cost about Rs.19,500. Not very happy with this. I read multiple articles of similar issue with S20, but now looks like the issue is cropping up in Note 20. Good luck Samsung, I don't think I am going to buy any Samsung phone in the future.

0 Likes
Easys17
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy Note

The green vertical line has also appeared on my Samsung Note 20 Ultra since my last update. If this is not acknowledged by Samsung and recitfied, it is the end of the road for me, as I will never buy another Samsung device, and I have been a strong advocate for Samsung for many years. 

0 Likes
Members_c9IZnfE
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

True, we paid big amount just for nothing......  I have started with Note 2 & will be putting a full stop to Note 20 Ultra........

0 Likes