Original topic:

Pink and green lines appeared on the display

(Topic created on: 07-22-2023 08:28 PM)
cidd23
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy Note
Pink and green lines appeared on display without any physical damage. 1st the pink line appeared while using the phone. Followed by the green line the next week. This is annoying. It costs around another fortune to get the screen replaced with an original display. 

4 Comments
Firozfazal
Beginner Level 5
Galaxy Note

My s21 ultra developed pink line 3 weeks back. Now another pink line has appeared. No physical damage. Service centre people saying they won't replace it free of cost unlike s20 series because "not enough people with s21 series has reported this problem". Ridiculous. This was the most expensive phone I ever bought. Won't buy samsung phones in the future

M_Shazan
Expert Level 2
Galaxy Note
This is a common hardware problem. I would suggest you go to any service centre to replace your phone screen. If the unit is out of warranty, you must pay for the replacement.

Unfortunately, the replacement cost for the original display will be higher. But that's the only solution.

If you are not worried about the green line issue, I advise you to keep your phone the way it is. And it won't mess up your Galaxy device.

Be sure to click the 3 dots and " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Thanks... 👍
0 Likes
cidd23
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
But the issue is the lines increase over time and it's quite difficult to see. It costs around rs 102,000 to replace the genuine display.
0 Likes
M_Shazan
Expert Level 2
Galaxy Note
For more details, you can read my post explaining the issue, its causes, and the after-update line problem here:

https://r2.community.samsung.com/t5/Tech-Expert/Green-Line-Issue-Is-it-an-update-problem-What-s-the-...
0 Likes