Original topic:

No Mobile reception after updating to OneUI 5.1

(Topic created on: 05-18-2023 09:26 AM)
CHRLY
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note
No mobile signal after updating Note 20 Ultra to OneUI 5.1. only works via WiFi calling.
10 Comments
Galaxy Note
Hi... Did you buy the device from Sri Lanka? Have you try with different service providers and reset the device after the update?
0 Likes
CHRLY
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Got it from Sri Lanka, tried with different networks still same, didn't reset yet. But tried to clear cache but can't go into recovery mode.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Haven't heard such issues in SLK model. If not working even after the reset, check with a Samsung service center.
Galaxy Note
To go into recovery mode, plug ur data cable in and plug the other end to a laptop, or you need to plug a USB C OTG cable to the phone. Then turn off the device and then press POWER + VOLUME UP. IT will boot into recovery
CHRLY
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Thanks, I was able to get into the recovery mode this way. But clearing the cache didn't resolve the signal issue.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
My only solution would be to reflash the firmware via ODIN. Maybe there was a baseband mismatch and that might be why you lost signals. You can always try factory resetting, but I'm not sure if it will work
0 Likes
CHRLY
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Noted, will try to reset and see. Currently backing up the data. Will update.
0 Likes
G3MBA
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
If its out of warranty definitely Samsung sri lanka will ask Huuge amount of money to fix.
0 Likes
CHRLY
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
I don't mind the display. It's two years old. Will they ask money for the signal issue? It was caused by their update. If they send out updates shouldn't they support whatever the issues?
0 Likes