Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Camera app issue

(Topic created on: 09-01-2021 03:55 AM)
SachinthaG
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A

There is an issue with using the camera app while adaptive brightness is enabled as it bumps up the screen brightness to about 50%. This is really annonying after evening.

Has anyone experienced this same issue possibly on a different Samsung model. I'm currently using a A50 device and confirmed the same issue with my brother's A50 too.

I know this issue could simply be avoided by disabling adaptive brightness. But I prefer to use it so that I don't have to fiddle with brightness anymore.

I already sent a bug report couple of months back and received no response.

Brightness bumps up when opening camera app

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Galaxy A
Hi there, i don't think this is a bug. Its just an adaption of the phone to make the image clearer, since its linked to viewing images in real time.

I just tried it on my Note 8 and the same thing happens, but the moment i exit the camera app, the brightness went back to the value i set it.

Like u said the easiest thing is to switch off auto brightness.

If you have Bixby Routines on your phone, you can easily create a routine, where the auto brightness switches off when u use the camera and turns back on when u exit it. Try it and see.

If i helped you in anyway, consider accepting my comment as a solution by clocking on the 3 dot menu of my comment and accepting it. Thank you

View solution in context

4 Comments
Solution
Galaxy A
Hi there, i don't think this is a bug. Its just an adaption of the phone to make the image clearer, since its linked to viewing images in real time.

I just tried it on my Note 8 and the same thing happens, but the moment i exit the camera app, the brightness went back to the value i set it.

Like u said the easiest thing is to switch off auto brightness.

If you have Bixby Routines on your phone, you can easily create a routine, where the auto brightness switches off when u use the camera and turns back on when u exit it. Try it and see.

If i helped you in anyway, consider accepting my comment as a solution by clocking on the 3 dot menu of my comment and accepting it. Thank you
SachinthaG
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Thanks for the suggestion of creating a Bixby routine. Although I have a couple of routines running I never thought of adding one for this.

Btw, if this issue is considered as a feature, that certainly is one **bleep** of an annoying one. 🙄
Galaxy A
Lol yes i suppose it is!! Glad i could help 😊😊
Hiruka_NU
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
Yeah.As sadesh said,Its not a bug or issue with your camera app.its normal.😊