Original topic:

S21 ultra overheating issue

(Topic created on: 06-01-2021 01:07 PM)
freakylee10
Beginner Level 2
Options
الملف الامن و
Bought my s21 ultra 256gb 2months ago. I noticed for the past week its overheating after maybe a continous use for 1 hour. Anyone who experience the same? Camera is not open ok. Coz i read some article of fe minutes using the camera it overheats.
0 Likes
5 Comments
samsungksa1
Options
الملف الامن و

Thank you for contacting Samsung KSA

dear try to wipe cache partition from the recovery mode
connect your USB headphone or connect your device to pc then turn off your device then press and hold the power button with volume up together for 7 seconds until the phone logo appears then release the buttons, recovery menu should appear to you
select wipe cache partition

When the device heats up while charging the battery
While charging, the device and the charger may become hot. During wireless charging or fast
charging, the device may feel hotter to the touch. This does not affect the device’s lifespan or
performance and is in the device’s normal range of operation. If the battery becomes too hot,
the charging speed may decrease or the charger may stop charging.
Do the following when the device heats up:
 Disconnect the charger from the device and close any running apps. Wait for the
device to cool down and then begin charging the device again.
If the lower part of the device overheats, it could be because the connected USB
cable is damaged. Replace the damaged USB cable with a new Samsung-approved
one.
 When using a wireless charger, do not place foreign materials, such as metal objects,
magnets, and magnetic stripe cards, between the device and the wireless charger.
When the device heats up during use
When you use features or apps that require more power or use them for extended periods,
your device may temporarily heat up due to increased battery consumption. Close any
running apps and do not use the device for a while.
The following are examples of situations in which the device may overheat. Depending on
the functions and apps you use, these examples may not apply to your model.
 During the initial setup after purchase or when restoring data
 When downloading large files
 When using apps that require more power or using apps for extended periods
– When playing high-quality games for extended periods
– When recording videos for extended periods
– When streaming videos while using the maximum brightness setting
– When connecting to a TV
 While multitasking (or, when running many apps in the background)
– When using Multi-window
– When updating or installing apps while recording videos
– When downloading large files during a video call
– When recording videos while using a navigation app
 When using a large amount of data for syncing with the cloud, email, or other accounts
 When using a navigation app in a car while the device is placed in direct sunlight
 When using the mobile hotspot and tethering feature
 When using the device in areas with weak signals or no reception
 When charging the battery with a damaged USB cable
 When the device’s multipurpose jack is damaged or exposed to foreign materials, such as
liquid, dust, metal powder, and pencil lead
 When you are roaming
Do the following when the device heats up:
 Keep the device updated with the latest software.
 Conflicts between running apps may cause the device to heat up. Restart the device.
 Deactivate the Wi-Fi, GPS, and Bluetooth features when not using them.
 Close apps that increase battery consumption or that run in the background when
not in use.
 Delete unnecessary files or unused apps.
 Decrease the screen brightness.
 If the device overheats or feels hot for a prolonged period, do not use it for a while. If
the device continues to overheat, and you still face the same issue then kindly visit the nearest service center
the link of the service centers:https://www.samsung.com/sa_en/offer/service-centers/

0 Likes
freakylee10
Beginner Level 2
الملف الامن و
Why is it on the first month of my phone its not like that? Now sometimes even if its only in my pocket its heating up. Its my first samsung phone after using iphone for 11yrs. Now its like this. Hmm.
0 Likes
samsungksa1
Options
الملف الامن و

If the device continues to overheat, and you still face the same issue then kindly visit the nearest service center in order to check your device
the link of the service centers:https://www.samsung.com/sa_en/offer/service-centers/

or you can provide us in which city you are located in order to provide you the available service centers

Hope you and your family staying healthy and safe!

0 Likes
freakylee10
Beginner Level 2
الملف الامن و
Im currently in riyadh. Yes i still have the overheating issue. And i noticed ever since the overheating issue, my battery rans out very fast.
0 Likes
samsungksa1
Options
الملف الامن و

If the battery is consumed continuously for a long period of time, it may be another factor, so please check the following additionally. When running multiple apps at the same time, running games or apps that require high resolution and high performance, and turning on auto-sync and W-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, etc., the battery will drain quickly. It’s recommended to optimize battery usage time by setting Adaptive battery or adding unused apps to sleep depending on your usage pattern. (Settings → Battery and device care → Battery → More battery settings → Turn Adaptive battery on) If the device supports a maximum 120Hz refresh rate, please change the screen refresh rate to 60Hz. It’s recommended to use a standard refresh rate in normal situations to save battery power. If the screen refresh rate is 120Hz, battery consumption may be slightly faster. (Settings → Display → Motion smoothness → Change to Standard You can also check the battery status using the Samsung Members app. If you use the phone care function of Samsung Members, you can check the battery status by yourself on the following steps, Samsung Members > Get help > Interactive checks > Battery. If the diagnosis result is bad, please visit the Samsung Service Center with the device for future assistance. the service centers in Riyadh :

-Axiom: Olya street, AL Owais Market, 920029466

-Enjaz: Atahlia street, opposite Java Time Cafe

-Extra: Alswaidy district, cross King Fahad Road with Almorouj street

We hope this has been of some assistance to you. If you do have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us. Hope you and your family staying healthy and safe!

0 Likes