Original topic:

Exceptions for keyboard auto replace.

(Topic created on: 10-01-2021 03:22 PM)
SalmanSw
Active Level 1
Options
אפליקציות ושירותים
I'm a fast typer! Who isn't nowadays!? Lol.
Auto replace is always on for me to correct my mistakes.. 
But some words I use between me and my friends (nicknames, cuss words 🙊, words from other languages, etc..) i don't want them to be corrected. And they always get replaced and I end up having to delete and rewrite them and this just takes time and calls for an "Exceptions" option in the keyboard auto-replace settings. 
If we could add a list of words that we don't want auto-replace (auto-correct) to actually auto-replace that would make chatting with friends and writing in general easier and faster and improve the experience. 

I hope you take this suggestion in consideration, and add the option to the keyboard settings.
Thank you in advance.
10 Comments
Avichai
Expert Level 4
אפליקציות ושירותים
You can set "Auto Replace" to work, but will not replace your words, but will only offer replacement words and you can choose whether to replace or not ...
SalmanSw
Active Level 1
אפליקציות ושירותים
That is true. But I do want it to automatically correct my mistakes because it's much easier when you type fast and make a lot of mistakes. I just don't want it to auto replace certain words. An option for "Exceptions" makes writing faster and easier rather than have to choose whether to replace the mistake or not every time.
Avichai
Expert Level 4
אפליקציות ושירותים
I understand, nice suggestion, good luck
Avichai
Expert Level 4
אפליקציות ושירותים
Go to keyboard settings>auto replace>cancel...Screenshot_20211001-155219_Samsung Keyboard.jpgScreenshot_20211001-155210_Settings.jpg
EladSolomon
Expert Level 5
אפליקציות ושירותים
Hi SalmanSw, In the past it was possible to add different words and phrases to a 'personal dictionary' so that your device would not 'correct' such phrases while typing.
But after various updates of Android this feature has been implemented so that your phone 'learns' words and phrases that you have typed over time... in my opinion and the opinion of many users; Now, this feature is less effective than it used to be.

You are also invited to make suggestions here for improving the user experience, and they will be forwarded to Samsung's team of engineers for further discussion.
SalmanSw
Active Level 1
אפליקציות ושירותים
Hello EladSolomon, thank you for the reply. Yes I have heard about that update back when it came out. Perhaps I'm not seeing it working because my device is new and the keyboard hasn't learned those personal phrases I use yet. I will pay attention for this in the near future. Thanks for the explanation and have a great weekend 🙏🙏.
Regardless, if that option was there it could be useful as long as it doesn't cause any bugs or issues.
EladSolomon
Expert Level 5
אפליקציות ושירותים
A wonderful and relaxed weekend!
0 Likes
אפליקציות ושירותים
Keyboard should learn your nicknames, and after it does, it won't correct it.
Just keep typing it.
SalmanSw
Active Level 1
אפליקציות ושירותים
Thank you very much for the comment 🙏 I'll pay attention to that