Original topic:

Samsung Gave Me My Instant Cashback [After 2 Months]

(Topic created on: 06-01-2022 06:50 PM)
tuhinkarmakar
Active Level 1
Options
Samsung Online Store
Hi everyone,

I have seen a lot of posts here saying that people didn't get discount/cashback on their HDFC Bank/ICICI Bank credit cards.

I was one of the people who faced this issue. I thought it was an issue with the bank. I filed complaints on all sorts of consumer forums. Escalated the tickets. But no result. The bank said it wasn't responsible for the cashback (which I thought was a stupid reply).

So for once, I decided to contact Samsung. The representative who replied said that I wasn't eligible for the cashback. I told him that I was eligible. I sent him the offer details and explained why I thought I was eligible.

And after a few weeks, I got a message from the bank saying that Samsung has "reversed" a transaction of ₹5,000 i.e. they sent me the cashback.

I am posting this story so that others can solve their cashback related issues. I got my "instant cashback" after 2 months.
8 Comments
TheMystic
Expert Level 1
Samsung Online Store
I have never had such problems. I make over 90% of my online purchases on Amazon only.
0 Likes
tuhinkarmakar
Active Level 1
Samsung Online Store
I wish I could buy it on Amazon. The phone was available only on Samsung Shop. It was out of stock on Amazon.
TheMystic
Expert Level 1
Samsung Online Store
Good that you narrated your experience here. Companies and banks often do this deliberately to save money, in violation of their own offers.
Rishabh2701
Beginner Level 3
Samsung Online Store

I Still haven't received it. They assured me it will be credited within 7 days but after 1 month nothing. Now they are not replying to my emails as well. I will wait 3-4days more and will complain to consumer court.

0 Likes
tuhinkarmakar
Active Level 1
Samsung Online Store
Yes, this is a new tactic. A lot of companies are following this, stopping replies after 4-5 days. I've seen this with Samsung, PayTM Money, PNB etc. File a complaint with the consumer court (not with the National Consumer Helpline). That'll get their attention.
0 Likes
Sabareesh65
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Online Store

Hi, 

I am also facing the same problem.. Can anyone tell me what to do now? How to complaint and where to do ?

0 Likes
tuhinkarmakar
Active Level 1
Samsung Online Store
Send an email to samsungshop@email.support.samsung.com with the offer detail document and transaction details.
0 Likes
Members_epQ9T0Y
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Online Store

I am also facing same issues, still caseback not received, i have used hdfc card

0 Likes