Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Why can't Samsung update be more like this

(Topic created on: 03-18-2024 12:45 AM)
BLC
Active Level 3
Options
Promotions

You know making it more fun and competitive who knows maybe even auto power if stolen or automatically burns if stolen again🦥🤧😅
Its funny but I once used an iPhone yet 🤷‍♂️I love the feel of a Samsung just that like adding say a software update or update for Samsung to help the device to automatically switch on or go on once or either battery low or battery died or battery dies due to not charging or once the device is plugged into a charger if turned off by chance like the way apple [iso] does it or iPhone iso does it 🦥🤷‍♂️🤧
3 Comments
A-Galaxy
Active Level 6
Promotions
What happens when someone loses his phone?

Either the user finds it or does not find it. If the user does not find his phone after all his best tries, what is he going to do after that? Buys a new phone or keeps using an old phone the user has in his possession in the meantime, but still, the user is going to buy a new phone.

The solutions they put in users device to find their lost phone is by keeping GPS turned on, mobile data turned on, and lost device protection turned on, and of course, an account signed into the device to remotely find the device and your device need to be on all the time. There is also a new feature called offline findings. Find out more about that on the Internet.

How about my suggestion? Do you think they are going to do something similar to their smartphones in the future?

My suggestion would be that there must be like a second electrical circuit if necessary in the phone or something similar that operates on low voltages that helps to find the lost phone remotely even if the phone is off and even when the battery is dead (0%) - there is still some power left in the battery when it's dead (its not completely dead when it's at 0%, its just that the power is not enough to turn on the phone and use it but should be enough to find the phone remotely).

That power could be used to remotely find the phone and be able to use the Samsung account signed into the device to send location data to findmydevice web service or find app on another Galaxy device when requested. The circuit must be smart enough to know at what interval it should use GPS and mobile data (by the time this suggestion comes real, many phones would already have esim and many people would use it, no need to worry that the thief would try to remove the SIM card since its an eSim built internally) to send location data so that to not drain the battery fast.

That feature should have an option to turn it on or off in Settings (the user decides if he or she wants it on or off). The user should make sure that their is enough credit/'electrical money' in their Esim to use that service because mobile data would be use to send data to internet which may cause charges (The large amount of money left in your eSim should not make the user worried because that money will be used to find the phone anyway). Like I previously mentioned, the circuit must be efficient enough to use less resources (money and battery) to send location data so the user has enough time to locate the phone before the battery or money runs out.

Even when the battery is completely dead and the phone can not be turned on, the GPS can not be used, once someone tries to charge the phone, the circuit becomes active again and do it's job before power runs out again.
0 Likes
BLC
Active Level 3
Promotions
Well, looking at that fact Samsung or android users idk much about other android users but I once used oppo like less then five months ago well these devices have been updated to a point were every time to clocks 24hrs or 00rs [am] or every new day the phone restarts in the background. So in my thinking making them like I explained earlier the devices will remain untouched not even facial recognition can open the devices these every time in the morning but your security pin or password as the end user of the device in addition if the device was to be tried to unlock by an unknown user say a theif or maybe you went clubbing and lost the phone should not lock down like iPhone or iso users their devices go icloud which in my experience isn't safe in my home country people sell phone parts and also incases of no buyers they also icloud phones which maybe have used a bypass making the devices to be under simcard locked or icloud locked still does not slove the problem of theft or drug abuse but in the case of advising Samsung or android users in that area of service (security) the device should exposed as a means of brand protection and security also making it easier to track the devices like check I get your phone without permission try to unlock it but fail it locks me out later if I try to bypass the process instead of it allowing the use of another software it instead exposed after locking. If left at lock stage it can be easily tracked making matters worse it won't be allowing any other software or operating system to be installed like manufacturers do thats for manufacturers and that's why they send us software updates. Only if the true owner if found will it be able to update its software, which is directly sent from the manufacturers.

In addition it sounds long and hard but it's all programming say you tell or write code that say automatically switch on once it's charged at atleast 10% from a battery die but on the other hand it if lost the battery over heats due to a response on the number attempts taken on devices trying to unlock it if either the device was lost or stolen. If left on, instead of locking it or an Android lock, it leaves GPS provision under automatic response from any security agencies, say the police or Internet providers but at this point the screen locks instead only till another reboot. Explosion should occur in two cases...

1) if the devices is to be tried to set a new software apart from the manufacturers software update alert ⚠ and
2) if the devices reaches a number of attempts written in the code or software. In my case, say maybe 30 attempts in rounds of 10 or 5 attempts and time restrictions as usual including the process of one rebooting the phone trying to buy time to unlock the device.

I don't know how that sounds
NotAdmin
Active Level 10
Promotions
Ask them
0 Likes