Original topic:

Premium device users will bash Samsung and they are not wrong!

(Topic created on: 12-12-2023 10:57 AM)
Fast_n_Curious
Expert Level 4
Options
Others
We earn money, pay it to samsung to buy premiun devices like S or Z series with a trust to get a promised premium experience. Samsung also used to give a good experience with respect to update timelines and OneUI features. But it seems that has changed. Some points why I am feeling this from a user perspective

1. Mid-range 2 / 3 year old devices like A52S, F and M series getting OneUI 6 updates while there is no sign of OneUI 6 for premium devices like S21FE (SD888), Z Fold4 / Flip4 (still stuck on beta 2 since November 2). Even the way users with S21FE SD888 were treated about monthly updates was a bad move.

2. Broken features after updates like secured folder not working properly or Animation lags, no VoNR feature for S23Ultra

3. Hardware issues like green lines, screen damages in foldables without any physical damage at all. Although the hardware is replaced within warranty if available, but if a device has small damage like scratches which is inevitable with usage, the warranty is straight away denied. 

Samsung really needs to step up.

This is my personal opinion as users pay to samsung trusting the brand.
14 Comments
Others
Seriously man. Am so pissed off at samsung for this. 20-30k worth devices are getting the latest updates whereas us the so called premium/flagship user are waiting
0 Likes
Others
I understand bro. I am in the same boat when my wife's 3 year old A52s got OneUI6 yesterday which is nearly flawless and my Z Flip4 is still on 5.1.1. Even no movement in beta stream for it.
Communicator
Active Level 10
Others
Phones launched few months back are getting one UI 6, in mid range. And this is good from samsung point of view to compete with other brands as these phones are on sale.
0 Likes
Others
I completely understand about new phones getting updates faster. But A52s which was launched almost 3 years back also got stable update yesterday. This is what made me feel that it will definitely affect all premium range users.
MonK11
Active Level 10
Others
It's not stable update at all, there's stuttering and lags throughout the UI.
0 Likes
Others
Yes. At 1st it was there. So i cleared the cache from recovery once. And then it was pretty good. Also update the oneUI home version from galaxy store
0 Likes
MonK11
Active Level 10
Others
My father's A52s didn't got any home app update also I updated the device using Smartswitch.
0 Likes
Others
Then it might be included in the update. But clearing cache should help as its a major OS update. Infact a factory reset is recommended
0 Likes
MonK11
Active Level 10
Others
Factory reset is a pain in the back that's why I used smartswitch but I'll do the cache clean.
0 Likes