Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Android vs IOS

(Topic created on: 11-20-2021 11:12 PM)
Kidacapp
Active Level 7
Options
Others
I will choose Android over IOS on any given day 😂. What's your take? 
Android > IOS

44 Comments
Pierre44mp
Active Level 9
Others
Look I love my S21 ultra ultra,due to the fact that the files are my own to manage and accessible. Android is the closest to windows, quite resembles it a lot. I love the back gestures and the fact that the S21 ultra ultra has the crazy zoom and came up with the focus enhancer first. You simply don't get a new apple iPhone cheaper than R8000,and then the screen is tiny and the battery lasts half a day. There is a downside though. Apple has the best customer support,and the cases and accessories are widely available, it's easier to replace screen,bit very expensive though,and the care program isn't as comprehensive as samsung. This members app doesn't care about its samsung users and rhe online store **bleep**,no option to get a vodacom, mtn or telkom contract from them . Not all items you can get online,and south africa still doesn't offer samsung laptops,which would have been nice to integrate with your samsung phone. I hate the fact that the note and s series flagship has curved screens,problematic to get screen protectors and they lift on the edges,never fits perfectly and easily breaks. As soon as my phone falls out of my pocket between my car seat and carpet,the screen protector crack is already there. The book type case always manage to get grit between the curved edge and cover,and always scratch your screen protector. Samsung store does not sell screen protectors,but istore does. We use both platforms in my house and both platforms ain't perfect,but I will see how the s22 and android 12 works, but samsung south africa that doesn't care,is slowly turning me to apple,although there are quite a few things I will miss.
Kidacapp
Active Level 7
Others
Samsung comes second to none in terms of making the best phones. I like how you can customise the navigation to be visible or invisible depending on preference. Only a few phones, if any give you that freedom to choose. The widgets of the phone are spectacular. I feel like Samsung South Africa has let us down. They barely participate in this Members app. I cant believe we have to google to get the latest updates and trends. Our Samsung members is so dead, I think they can do better
MJ_23
Active Level 6
Others
I agree with everything Pierre44mp says. Both gainst in there trade with their unique strengths and weaknesses. Also depends largely for me about who is the end user and what will the user's main application or use be, socialite, business/executive, blogger, etc.

Android in 6 months compared to my years as Apple users is a much more enjoyable experience but if you want stability rather than thrills iOS is perhaps a better choice currently especially with SA support.

Well I think I already made my choice, I am typing on the Members group with my S21 and my iPhone 12 is off and charging on my desk and will remain off till Monday I suppose?

I must add with the new Windows 11 it is bloody impressive what one can achieve without any cables or DEX. Android and Microsoft as combination is good I think to unite against Apple, well then the outside dark horse is Google, don't forget about them and I cannot wait for their entry into our marketplace? Will be interesting to see how the go about it and how the market reacts from entry level up to flagship users?
Kidacapp
Active Level 7
Others
The choice betweeen Android and IOS goes down to personal preference but at least we should acknowledge the strengths and weaknesses of both phones. One thing I really dislike about the iPhone is that it doesn't make any significant changes between its predecessor phones for example iPhone 12 and iPhone 11 look the same at a glance. Im sure you are using the latest product you want it to be distinguishable from the rest of the product. As a S21 user, Im proud to say my my phantom violet colour is so unique and wont be mistaken for any other phone

I was expecting more from the iPhone 13, the only thing worth a mention is A15 the rest are not significant improvements. I expected the iPhone 13 to come with a fingerprint scanner but I was disappointed and that notch is getting outdated now, people deserve something for a change
MJ_23
Active Level 6
Others
Gerald I hear all your issues regarding Apple and if I am honest all true and with merit. Okay yes the A15 is currently A-king processor and as I mentioned in previous posts the one aspect defining Apple as Victor over Samsung should there be one, a Victor that is? The flow, processing and consistent smooth OS of Apple is in my opinion the only thing Samsung must sort and surely they are, question is just how soon will it be achieved?

I also agree about the fingerprint reader, definitely one of the top 5 features I terribly enjoy on my Samsung having it back after several years not featuring on iPhone models of late. Please tell me what you think of this possible look of the iPhone 14 next year, I must say if that goes into production as shown with an flat panel at the back, front and no notch it would really be a looker? For me very very nice concept design, big question is will it be the design going into production?

Lastly Gerald before I forget, you must give credit to the 13 for improved battery life compared to the 12 and smartphone battery king of king at the moment, also something Samsung must sort out together with the processor. So to conclude Apple has in opinion 2 aspects in which they are still leading Samsung with and unfortunately both are taking away from the great Android experience that is far better than iOS enjoyment, when there is lag, apps nor responding and system freezes, crashed it ruins the whole experience

iPhone-14-Pro-concept-renders-by-Waqar-Khan_45779_1637447705.jpgiPhone_14_Pro_Max_WLAN_Wifi_6E_45780_1637447756.jpg
Pierre44mp
Active Level 9
Others
True,the iphone 13 has a tank of a battery, and even if you have the best phone,it's as good as long is you have a battery with some juice in it. I really hope with the s22 according to the rumors, we get the snapdragon variant, as I understand the snapdragon is more stable. The downside is that south africa will be loosing out on the exynos with that crazy amd chip,but yeah exynos over the years wad basically a stove plate and not a processor. Without samsung's involvement ,basically all that nice features means nothing!
Kidacapp
Active Level 7
Others
I admit, the battery of the iPhone 13 is a monster 🔋, I don't know why I had left it. I think in terms of software optimization and stability, iPhone will alway be the best because IOS is meant specifically for iPhone whilst android has a wider phone base it has to services. This put android in a disadventious situation because there are inferior brands that use the same software as power houses like Samsung have to use. IOS is way more stable than android and everyone knows it. For the picture quality I would say its 50/50 depending on the lighting and other conditions, you cant really choose the ultimate winner
Pierre44mp
Active Level 9
Others
Depends on the person behind the camera and how well you know the software and post enhancements. I know where samsung lacks and excel ,so I chose my scene where I know samsung will not let me down,you must know your device. Samsung is not very good with edge detection on portrait mode,but black and white background hides the samsung flaw. Samsung also has a remaster function that is sometimes hit-or-miss but helps about 85 percent of the time. Google photos has a blue tone and pop effect that do wonders,the blue tone ,to make clouds more vivid. Ideally you should not have to add all these effects, but it sure does the magic and gives it the wow factor. Zoom on the samsung is just in a class of its own,also try to take photos with the voice function,I say capture and it takes the picture without the shake when you press the shutter button. Remember the more steady you hold the phone,the better the picture. Lots of ios users doesn't know all these tricks
Kidacapp
Active Level 7
Others
From the way you are saying, I can tell you have immense experience in photography and phones. Yeah, admit it depends on who has the camera in their hands and what do they know, most basic user just take out their phones and capture whatever they want. We cant blame them really because the phone should deliver regardless. My favourite function of the camera is the single take. This thing has never left me down. If im unsure about the right angle, I know single take will solve this for me and gives me a wide variety of pictures to choose from which is amazing
0 Likes