Ads on A23

(Topic created on: 10-12-2023 09:27 PM)
Lizzy_G
Active Level 1
Options
Others
Hi everyone

I downloaded a song from tubidy on Chrome
I accidentally pressed on something or allowed something ... now my whole phone is blowing up with ads when I watch something or do something on my phone like emails. 

I went in by every setting to disable ads and to turn it off and ... everywhere where you can think of. I took all my apps off except WhatsApp, Facebook and my YaHoo email account. 

I am at wits end .. is there anything I can do without having to reset to factory setting and if I do reset to factory settings will the ads be gone... 

Thanks.
5 Comments
Kevinnaick
Active Level 6
Others
Are the ads popping up only via Chrome? Or random like on your screen home page or just swiping, you can try this.

Go to "connection" settings, then "more connection settings" and type in the below in private DNS settings:

dns.adguard.com

Screen shot attachedScreenshot_20231012_210602_Settings.jpg
Kevinnaick
Active Level 6
Others
If that doesn't work do a factory reset on "settings" only. Try one at a time until it fixes the issue.

You won't lose any of your info or apps etc etc, you will only reset your settings, be warned saved passwords will dissappear, but not such a big deal, might do the trick.

Do not do a full "factory data reset" as there's no coming back from that, but it will definitely fix your issue, just FYI. Try the 3 highlighted first.Screenshot_20231012_210949_Settings.jpg
NemaseaL_2023
Beginner Level 4
Others
Hi @Lizzy_G. 👋 Best to take your phone 📱 to someone who's tech savvy. You may inadvertently allowed adware. It should be easy to track down. I'd also recommend you install something like Avast Mobile Security. It will find apps & malware that don't belong on your phone.

You'll find it on Google Play Store.

I've been using it for years &it's never let me down. There's also a VPN addon you can purchase to make banking on your phone 📱 even more secure. All the best..

Cheers for now! 👍
Lizzy_G
Active Level 1
Others
Thank you to everyone .. I'll try them all and give feedback
brownia7
Active Level 5
Others
Use Brave Browser or Samsung Internet (for the latter, you must install AdBlock on the Galaxy Store)
0 Likes