Original topic:

Care plus team is using wrong calculation of days

(Topic created on: 04-19-2024 12:10 PM)
anupamm34
Active Level 1
Options
My Galaxy
Dear members,

This is to bring into your notice that my device was activated on 19th October 2023 and I requested for purchasing extended warranty on 16th April 2024 ( that was 180th day from my device activation). 
Since, My galaxy app was not having an option to purchase extended warranty therefore I requested the same to Samsung care plus call centre. They asked me to drop an urgent email in this regard. 

They didn't respond till yesterday despite of sending several reminders. Now they are saying that as per their calculator 180th day falls on 15th April 2024 therefore I my request for extended warranty was not considered at first place. I asked them to share the method of computation, which they denied. Whereas, I shared with them the screenshot of renowned websites which counts 16th April 2024 is 180th day from the date of device activation. 

I wonder if any dispute happen in future regarding post sale services, they will not allow us to put our perspective and our consumer rights will be taken away by such technocrats. 

7 Comments
anupamm34
Active Level 1
My Galaxy
Three of renowned websites are proving that my calculations were correct. 1713508912093.jpg1713508912129.jpg1713508912219.jpg
0 Likes
Cryptography
Active Level 7
My Galaxy
You are not including end day aka 16th April which will make it 181 days, these calculators work with a set time like 00:00hrs . You are supposed to extend it within 180 days not after 180 days.
0 Likes
anupamm34
Active Level 1
My Galaxy
It was nowhere mentioned that end day will be included. We should be more aware while accepting technical explanation from authorities . By the same logic Samsung could deny the accepting standard warranty services at the ending date.
0 Likes
Cryptography
Active Level 7
My Galaxy
I wrote end day because it's mentioned on one of your calculator pic. In reality it's counted as 180 days + whatever time you've mailed them. Everyone does work like this including all internet providers and any other service provider. They have a set cut off time. You need to check at what time you've activated your phone and calculate date accordingly. For example I did that with 00:00 hours.

19th Oct 2023 00:00 hours to
16th April 2024 00:00 hours = 180 days completed.
0 Likes
anupamm34
Active Level 1
My Galaxy
Let the other members speak on the matter. Thank you for your comments however you didn't get my intention. We are community which should stand for our own rights
0 Likes
cs_member10
Expert Level 5
My Galaxy

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

As per your query, we want to inform you that we have a dedicated team that can surely provide you with all the information regarding your query, please contact us via ( 1800-108-2222 / 1800-202-1234. operation 9 am to 9 pm working hours ([Option 1/2 for language (English/Hindi) → Option 2 for Samsung care plus]) to reach them.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
anupamm34
Active Level 1
My Galaxy
Customer support team was proved of no use in my case. They didn't want to listen my perspective and denied my request in a rude manner.
0 Likes