Original topic:

Unable to set 5G only mode.

(Topic created on: 2 weeks ago)
PranjalPawar
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy Z
Before One UI 6, phone used to set to 5G/NR only mode. But after update it is not getting to 5G/NR only mode, even though changing settings, it stays to 4G only.

10 Comments
Phoenix__1
Active Level 5
Galaxy Z
Go to connection->mobile network-> network mode , there you can put it on auto , it changes automatically to 4g ,5g. Currently there are no setting to put it to only 5G. As jio or any , 5g net is not stable and not available at all place.
0 Likes
PranjalPawar
Active Level 4
Galaxy Z
Bro you need to improve your tech knowledge before giving useless comments. The phone info settings are hidden, it need a special code or 3rd party apps to access. You can select all available network modes other than those in your normal setting menu. Thats hiw you get 5G only by selecting NR only mode. Also my area has 5G coverage. This problem is arised from one ui 6 update. It was able to force 5G only before that.
0 Likes
Phoenix__1
Active Level 5
Galaxy Z
This is piracy like trick , i only know official way.. if it is kept hidden then it is kept for some reasons dont try to change it like developer which you are not . And knowing the codes like this dont prove that you are a tech guru.. it can be known by just one search ..
0 Likes
Phoenix__1
Active Level 5
Galaxy Z
And for your knowledge there is some jio 5g net issue going for some days. There is one code on which you can call to change net to 5g from 4g but considering your knowledge you must be knowing it but you dont know.. SKILL ISSUE.
0 Likes
PranjalPawar
Active Level 4
Galaxy Z
Bhai maaf karde apna solution apne paas hi rakh please🙏🏻. Let the actual developers see the issue. And act on it, giving the better user experience for all of us.
Galaxy Z
I don't know if this is is the exact issue. But I can tell you my case. When the phone heats up the phone automatically switches to 4G so that the device can cool. So if you stop using your phone for a while you will get the 5G mode back. But sometimes you may not feel your phone is warm or not, for that you can check on Phone temperature app which is available on play store
PranjalPawar
Active Level 4
Galaxy Z
Yes thermal throttling is also introduced in new update. Maybe that's the issue. But sometimes even phone is cool, the 5G can't be forced like before it used to. Basically 5G can't be forced with new update. They have put some limitations.
0 Likes
SahilNarang
Active Level 1
Galaxy Z
Mine is working in one ui 61714717338830.jpg
0 Likes
PranjalPawar
Active Level 4
Galaxy Z
Yes sometimes works for me, but not consistently like it used to.
0 Likes