Original topic:

Samsung S22 Ultra Display Issue After Software Update

(Topic created on: 08-15-2023 12:22 PM)
KM_BARI
Beginner Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Dear Samsung Members,

I hope this post finds you well. I am writing to share my recent experience with my Samsung S22 Ultra, which has left me both disappointed and concerned. I believe it's important to bring this matter to your attention and to the attention of fellow Samsung users who might be facing a similar situation.

A few weeks ago, I eagerly updated my Samsung S22 Ultra to the latest software version, expecting to benefit from enhanced features and improved performance. However, to my dismay, I encountered a significant issue following the update: my phone's display became damaged and began malfunctioning. Lines and distortions started to appear on the screen, rendering my device nearly unusable.

As a loyal Samsung customer, I immediately contacted customer care team for assistance. To my surprise, I was informed that my device's warranty had already expired, and therefore, they were unable to replace or repair the damaged display without charge. This left me in a difficult position, as the damage was clearly a result of the recent software update, and not due to any mishandling on my part.

I want to emphasize that I have always taken great care of my Samsung devices, and I find it hard to believe that a routine software update could cause such extensive damage. It's concerning that after the update, my phone's display, which was functioning perfectly prior to the update, is now unusable.

I kindly request that Samsung thoroughly investigates this issue and provides a solution for affected users, especially considering the potential impact on customer trust and satisfaction. While my personal experience has been disheartening, I hope that my feedback can contribute to preventing similar instances for other Samsung users.

I invite fellow Samsung users who have encountered display issues following the recent software update to share their experiences in this thread. By doing so, we can collaborate and potentially find a resolution or workaround to alleviate this problem.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I remain hopeful that Samsung will take this matter seriously and work towards maintaining the quality and reliability that your brand is known for.

45 Comments
MiraclePanda
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
Bro it's because software update, many s22 ultra users are facing the same issue after updating. Even one plus had same kind of issue after many users reported to one plus on twitter, the company has given free lifetime display replacement. But samsung isn't considering this 🙄 issue
mdpr
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Samsung does this as it pleases, when giving software updates, it puts bugs in it and releases it as it pleases
cs_member8
Options
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We acknowledge your query and apologize for the inconvenience caused to you and will surely assist you regarding the same.

Our products pass through rigorous quality checks which are globally recognized; therefore, Samsung products stand out as best in terms of quality and service of the products. We ensure the best quality repair, so we request you kindly get the product repaired, You can locate your nearest service center with this given link: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/service-center/

We have also noted down the feedback. We are continuously working for making our products better and more efficient.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
KM_BARI
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S
Why I repair with a payment of 22000 rupees???

I visited service center and they informed the display cost 22000 rupees.

I wish to move this case to consumer court and I'm **bleep** sure I can get a refund or free replacement
MiraclePanda
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
Yes do that
Lakshman1110
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S

After a follow back of 2 weeks and contacting higher officals i am being said that my device is out of warranty and there is small dent at left bottom of phone body near spen and said it would cost for screen replacement and i am daam sure iam facing issue because of software update of September 2023. Everyone knows how was the S22 ultra camera quality when launched compared to present camera quality, they degrade it purposely to boost their newly launched product sales . First i got white line issue then after September update the center part of screen is unresponsive to touch but works smooth with spen. i am looking to sue them and go legally. Bro let me know the procedures and how to proceed too. I am not leaving them 

After September update i got display un-responsive from exactly in the center part and in straight horizontal line but works smooth with spen.

F6Sfow3a8AAETtp.jpgAfter Sep update while line near camera issue was solved and this issue arises.After Sep update while line near camera issue was solved and this issue arises.

Members_Agpdv4b
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S

i got the same issue , am planning to move to consumer court if the display is not replaced freeof cost 

0 Likes
Members_wuLxPab
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

My self K Srinivasa Rao purchased Samsung S22 Ultra as pre- booking in March 2022. After recent software update in September 2022, my mobile display started giving flash light on top right side of the mobile (many people had complained the same). This problem of white flash strip is continuous in case of 120Htz refresh rate and it is only appears on each time screen on, in case of Normal mode. This problem was shown to Samsung Customer care and they took images of my mobile for further directions from customer care. There was a scratch on my mobile screen guard and the same was caught in the images. Customer care says the display was physically damaged, otherwise Samsung decided to replace the Display one time up to 31st December 2023 irrespective of warrantee . After several days argument, they agreed to accept fresh images of my mobile and suggested to get them from samsung service Center. After removal of my mobile screen guard, the phone display looks brand new without any marks and no physical damages were noticed and images were sent to Customer care unit. Now after furnishing the fresh images, Samsung customer care is not responding and trying to escape. Still my job card is open but no proper reply from samsung. This is very bad as we are spending huge amount on high end mobile and it is damaged due to software update, they are supposed to call back all such instruments and do the needful at free of cost. Is there any way to approach Consumer Court for getting the justice?

0 Likes
SadduJamzy
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Really bad experience from samsung 

We are going through.. samsung doesn't care their customers like some other brands ... 

0 Likes