Original topic:

S24 Ultra 3rd Party App installation issue (Resolved)

(Topic created on: 01-31-2024 01:13 PM)
Akshaycell
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
Is anyone facing issue in installing 3rd party software on s24 Ultra?
Earlier, all 3rd party apps were getting installed on S24 Ultra (so I know its not compatibility issue) but now, after a couple of days, whenever I try to install any 3rd party apk, it takes to the installation window and then seeks confirmation to install. After that, it simply doesn't show any popup and nothing happens. The installation window does not reappear after confirmation to install.

I have tried to factory reset twice and reinstall everything from scratch without using backup to rule out any issue in settings of already installed apps but even then after a couple of days, this issue returns.
19 Comments
R6S-Buck
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
I have installed many third-party apps on my S24 U and have not encountered such an issue. Perhaps you could try downloading the latest APK file.
Akshaycell
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Try it after a couple of days. Thats what I am saying. One can install earlier. But after a couple of days, the same apk dosent install
0 Likes
R6S-Buck
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
I received my s24 U on 25th and yesterday I installed revanced twitch, reddit and tiktok
0 Likes
atechfreak
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
There is app blocker feature

Go to settings, security & privacy & turn off auto blocker you will be able to install 3rd party apps after that.

Do click on 3 dots and accept the solution if your problem gets resolved1706697261305.jpg
Akshaycell
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Its disabled. I have already installed earlier with same settings. Just that after a couple of days you cant install
0 Likes
Akshaycell
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Thankfully, found the culprit. When One applies any icon pack through Theme Park, the installation of 3rd party apks does not take place. If you apply the default theme back, the installation happens.
Akshaycell
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
May I request someone to try out the bug and confirm please.
0 Likes
VikramSA
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
For me it still doesn't work.. and why it's mentioned as resolved..
Akshaycell
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Cause i found a work around the bug.
0 Likes