Original topic:

S23 Ultra S pen πŸ–Š couldn't connect issue

(Topic created on: 04-13-2024 03:47 PM)
Chirag1500
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
Dear All,

I am experiencing a technical issue with my Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra running One UI 6.1. While watching videos or using YouTube, I am repeatedly prompted with an error message stating that the S Pen cannot connect. When I click on the error message, it takes me to the S Pen settings, where it shows that the S Pen is already connected and inserted in the phone. This issue persists even after multiple S Pen resets.

Has anyone encountered a similar issue and found a solution? I would greatly appreciate any guidance or suggestions to resolve this problem.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Best regards,
Chirag 
11 Comments
MOQBALI
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
The pen needs programming. I advise you to visit a Samsung technician for inspection
Chirag1500
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
@Moqbali, did you face the same issue with the S23 Ultra phone after upgrading the software? Or how long will it take for programming?
MOQBALI
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
Yes, but this after I replaced screen S23 Ultra.
Chirag1500
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
@Moqbali, My phone is brand new. I purchased the end of DEC 2023, and I only updated UI version 6.1 after the upgrade. issue is promting, my phone screen is not broken or replaced. Might be someone has different solution in this case.
Zammi
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
Your phone temperature should be going up while watching YouTube/ video. Heating is one of the issues S23 users are reporting after 6.1 upgrade. Didn't you receive the April update yet? That should resolve some of the issues.

It would be better if you back up the phone and do a factory reset. You can do a complete cloud back from settings/accounts and backup.
Chirag1500
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
I have done reset the phone, and however, the issue is the same persistence. I have doubt why it's issue is coming during the watch the video only?
Zammi
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
Hopefully, you will get the April update next week. Let's see if it resolves the issue.
Chirag1500
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Bro, already, the month of April 2024, patches are installed, and it's up to date. I have no idea why this issue is occurring frequently. Appreciate you have other ideas about this issue?
Zammi
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
Oh, I see. I can think of a few possible reasons.

1. April update hasn't fixed the overheating issue.
2. Phone is switching to flight mode.
3. Your phone cover or any accessory connected to the phone has magnetic parts. That interferes with the s-pen.