Original topic:

S21 fe exynos march security update

(Topic created on: 03-23-2024 06:47 PM)
au795
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy S
I wouldn't recommend you to update the march security patch for galaxy s21 fe exynos version as i am facing some issues which were not present before updating my phone
1. I am not getting proper 4g and 5g speed 
2. System has become laggy, phone always gets stuck after opening whatsapp 
3. Overall performance seems to be reduced as even for opening samsung members application i had to wait for nearly one min, untill it was loading the application 
4. Gallery app is showing wierd bug, while deleting a photo(captured by the phone's camera)it shows that the file's size is 1.41 gb😂😂
Pls do share your experience also if u are facing same issues and pls suggest solutions 
9 Comments
Dr_Mkd
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
1. 4G can't comment, but 5G hasn't deteriorated
2. WhatsApp had a peculiar bug of notifying" backup ongoing " randomly
3. Haven't noticed the same
4. Can you specify this bug? As deleting from My Files or from Gallery? & where does it show 1.4GB when you hit details or in the recycle bin?

Feb update was wonky, esp after some days
March hasn't been weird yet... touchwood
au795
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Ss from gallery app
Actual size is 90kb but while deleting the photo it is showing 1.25 gb1711201483746.jpg1711201483779.jpg
0 Likes
Shaktimaan987
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
File size isn't 1.25GB. Your recycle bin has 1.25GB of files. Do check
au795
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Cleared recycle bin of both gallery and files app still showing 200mb size of a photo
0 Likes
Shaktimaan987
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Yes that's why decreased
0 Likes
mhdShafi
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Heating issue
Sand25
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
I don't have any issue (s21fe exynos)
0 Likes
ajith0544
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
What about green/white line issue?
0 Likes
cs_member10
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

As per your concern, we would request you to kindly perform the following steps to resolve your issue.

Galaxy device 4g and 5g speed issue: kindly follow the easy troubleshooting steps which might help to solve the issue.

Check device network in open area
Check device network mode settings
Please follow the steps: Navigate to apps screen and tap on Settings>> Tap on Connections>> Tap on Mobile networks>> Tap on network mode SIM1 or SIM2>> Select network mode
Note: We recommend to set device network mode as 5G/LTE/3G/2G (auto connect) mode.

Check network operator settings
Kindly set device network operator as "Automatically".
Please follow the steps: Navigate to apps screen and tap on Settings>> Tap on Connections>> Tap on Mobile networks>> Tap on Network operators>> Select automatically>>
Note: We recommend to set device network operators as automatically.
Tap on OK>>Registered on network.

Check SIM cards
Kindly do check same SIM card in another phone or another SIM card in same phone to verify the issue.

Galaxy device lag issue: kindly follow the easy troubleshooting steps which might help to solve the issue.

Check space availability
Kindly check the space on your device:
Path: Settings > Battery and device Care > Storage
To improve the device performance there should be sufficient space.

Kindly check the RAM in your device:
Path: Settings > Battery and device Care > Memory
The device's RAM should be free to improve performance. So clear the RAM memory once a day

Clear app cache through Device care:
Settings > Device care > Storage > CLEAN NOW.

Note: To delete files or uninstall apps that you do not use anymore, select a category under USER DATA. Then, tick items to select and tap DELETE or UNINSTALL.

The clear cache memory of a particular application:
Settings > Apps > Now pick the app that you like to clear off the cache memory > Storage > Clear Cache.

Close Background Apps

Is there any unnecessary application running in the background?
Too many applications running in the background may cause the device to hang. Kindly close the background running applications in the device (''Tap the left side key & close the background running application'').

Remove third party application
Kindly uninstall that application by following the below steps and check once as the issue might occur due to third-party applications.
Step1: Navigate to Settings
Step2: Tap on Apps
Step3: Select the third-party application from Apps.
E.g. DU Recorder
Step4: Tap on Uninstall

Remove memory card
Due to some ''unauthorized'' file in memory card device performance will be slow, so if you are using the memory card in your device. I will advise you to safely remove it from your device. For this follow the below steps:
Step1: Before removing the memory card, first, unmount it for safe removal.
On the Home screen, tap Apps > Settings > Device maintenance > Storage > More option > Storage settings > SD card > Unmount.
Insert the ejection pin into the hole on the tray to loosen the tray
Note: Ensure that the ejection pin is perpendicular to the hole. Otherwise, the device may be damaged.
Step2: Pull out the tray gently from the tray slot.
Step3: Remove the memory card.
Step4: Insert the tray back into the tray slot
Note: Please ensure that memory card is not removed while the device is transferring or accessing information.
Doing so can cause data to be lost or corrupted or damage to the memory card or device.
Samsung is not responsible for losses that result from the misuse of damaged memory cards, including the loss of data.

Remove third party accessories
Due to ''3rd Party'' (Not provided by Samsung) Accessories, (Like ''Charger, USB Cable'' etc.) device might also hang. So kindly avoid the usage of these 3rd party accessories.

Disable power saving mode
Power saving mode'' limit the performance of the device. So we recommend disabling the Power Saving mode in your device.

Galaxy device appliaction issue: kindly perform the following steps to resolve your issue.

Clear app cache through Device care:
Settings > Device care > Storage > CLEAN NOW.

Note: To delete files or uninstall apps that you do not use anymore, select a category under USER DATA. Then, tick items to select and tap DELETE or UNINSTALL.

The clear cache memory of a particular application:
Settings > Apps > Now pick the app that you like to clear off the cache memory > Storage > Clear Cache.

Uninstall and reinstall app:
Please ensure a stable Wi-Fi connection to your mobile. Downloading via mobile networks may result in additional charges.
Please ensure enough storage space in your device.
Please ensure your device has sufficient battery for updating software. (above 50%)

Uninstall an App:
From your Home screen, swipe up to open the App drawer. Find the app you want to remove, and then touch and hold the app's icon until a popup menu appears. Tap Uninstall, and then tap OK to confirm.
Some preinstalled apps cannot be uninstalled. Tap App info, tap More options, and then tap Uninstall updates. Or, tap Disable if you do not plan on using the app.

Reinstall the App:
Galaxy Store apps: Open the Galaxy Store, and then tap Menu (the three horizontal lines) in the upper right corner. Tap My apps; from the Apps tab, find the missing app and tap the Download icon.
Play Store apps: Open the Play Store, and tap your profile picture. Tap My apps & games, and then tap Library. Find the app you want, and then tap Install.

Keep your apps updated
Developers often release updates to improve their apps performance and compatibility. It is highly recommended to keep the apps on your device up to date.

Galaxy Store apps: Open Galaxy Store, tap the Menu (the three horizontal lines), in the upper left corner, and then tap Updates. From here, you can either tap the circling arrow next to individual apps to update one at a time, or tap Update all to install all available updates.
Play Store apps: Open the Play Store, tap and then tap your profile picture. Tap My apps & games. From here, you can either tap Update next to individual apps, or tap Update all to install all available updates.

Update device software (If Software update available): https://www.samsung.com/in/support/mobile-devices/samsung-galaxy-smartphone-how-to-update-software/

Reset the device: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/mobile-devices/samsung-galaxy-mobile-how-to-perform-a-factory-res...

In case the issue still occurs, please register your concern in the Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Support> Tap on error report > Type your query > Send).

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes