cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Planned obsolescence or just a problem after the March update?

(Topic created on: 4 weeks ago)
Lewisky
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Hi everyone, I'm using a Samsung S21 5G. 
I'm using this phone for year and half now.
As you read, since the last month I'm having problems with my phone. 
Last month I runned the diagnostics and found that the battery is weak. Ok, that's normal. 
But since then the battery degradation is unreal, I literally have to use my phone in charge now, normally take months to reach this level.
It reboots all time, freezes a lot and even overheats. When it keeps rebooting the only way to stop it's by plugging the charger. It can start reboot while i have 80% but for the time i plug the charge will be lower than that, 0% sometimes. 
It Started dying at 15 or 20% 2 weeks ago a now it's normal die at 40% or even 60%.
I know that I have to replace the battery but daam it's Sad to see that this company maybe do the same as it's rival that's being charged by lawsuits now.
Others are complaining about the screen malfunction (the green line or worse).
I'm not happy with it at all, i hope this is not a way of forcing me to get a new phone.
And I hope I can find a solution while I save money to replace the battery. 
4 Comments
TeeA
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
For now just focus on getting a new battery since it's the root problem, once you replace it you might not experience what everyone else is right now.
Lewisky
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
That's the plan.
It will take time as i said. Till there I don't even know if I will still have a phone or if it will still be working.
But once again, thanks for your help.
Tendai777
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Replace battery of possible
Lewisky
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I wish it was that simple. The March update really fckd up my phone.
It anticipated in months the things I'm experiencing now.
The back of my phone is bending due to a battery swelling, it Started yesterday.
And the worst part is that there's not a Samsung technical support in my country.
I Have to save money to travel more than 400Km/250miles to a town that has better technical support for flagship devices,
This problem and it way it's progressing caught me out of guard.
Thanks Samsung.
0 Likes