Original topic:

Galaxy S23 ultra 5G doesn't work in India with Jio

(Topic created on: 04-01-2024 03:38 PM)
amitgoelu
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Hi i bought samsung galaxy s23 ultra in May 2023 in UAE manufactured in Hong Kong through online. 

I am struggling to get 5G working in india, every visit, I tried my best tried to liaise with Jio and tried to liase with samsung without success. I have latest operating android. The funny thing it working in UAE with etisalat. 

I am very disappointed this time, I have been using samsung since 2012 and I hope can continue. 
12 Comments
MOQBALI
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
Brother
Jio does not cover all areas by 5G, only limit area
Jio has announced limited access to 5G connectivity in select cities, just in time for the season
0 Likes
amitgoelu
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
The places I tried has coverage, because my sim card, if I put in I phone. It work well at the same place.
MOQBALI
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
This probably means that the operator will not do the service in Samsung only active in iPhone. According to the agreement. You can contact Jio to verify the accuracy of the information
0 Likes
amitgoelu
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
I tried my sim card in Samsung A54 bought in UAE manufactured in india. And it work well.
MOQBALI
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
Try this could help you by resting the network

Open settings, search for 'Reset mobile network settings ' to reset mobile network settings.

Again search for 'Network mode'.
Change the network mode to LTE.

Open phone app, tap 3 dots in top right, select Settings. Disable Wi-Fi Calling.

Now restart your phone.

See if this makes the connection better.
0 Likes
amitgoelu
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
I tried resetting network settings, hard reset, I tried turning off power saving mode. Did not work.
0 Likes
Mathew1
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Flash your device using Indian firmware with Odin (if your phone is compatible). The availability of 5G bands may vary from country to country. The device you are using, made in Hong Kong, is not for official sale either in the U.A.E. or India. Hence, some 5G frequency bands used in India may not be supported.

I am using Jio 5G on the S24 Ultra bought from the U.A.E. without any issues.
amitgoelu
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Thank you Mathew, but for this I will have to pay and the customer service won't give any warranty. I am disappointed just because of Samsung support. I am not bothered about money if they promise that after firmware update or change it will work.
0 Likes
Mathew1
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
First, how did you receive the Hong Kong version of the S23 in the UAE? Samsung UAE will not provide an official warranty for devices sold in the UAE without TDRA certification. If you purchased it through an online market, they might give their own warranty, not Samsung's. Being in India, you will not get that warranty either if you purchased it from the UAE. By changing the CS version of the phone, you will not lose your phone. You can flash your phone with official firmware downloaded from SamMobile for free. The entire process can be done very easily if you have a laptop or computer and a USB cable.
0 Likes