Original topic:

Front Glass replacement

(Topic created on: 02-14-2021 06:11 AM)
VJB
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
I have S8+ whoch has beautiful display!!! I love it.
But after 3 years i got some cracks on the edge of the front glass. My screen is perfectly working and is totally touch responsive. Pnly the front glass is damaged from bottom left edge. 
I want to get tje edge fixed by getting a FRONT GLASS REPLACEMENT.
Can Samsung CARE pls replace the Front glass only and NOT the whole DISPLAY PANEL?
As per my knowledge, modern smartphone screens can get GLASS replaced without changing the display panel or.touch screen under it.

I request you to get only GLASS replacement as it will cosf much lesser to the customer rather than getting full SCREEN replacement.

Or u can simply reduce cost for my device so that i can afford full display replacement rather than paying whopping ₹12000 for it.

Regards,
Vishwajeet Babbar
11 Comments
Møňū
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
No Samsung replace whole display panel
Only Glass replacement is better option and in local market with good quality products 👌
VJB
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
where to get it?
Møňū
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
if you get solution then make it solution 😉
0 Likes
VJB
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
sure bro but i want Samsung itself to consider changing the front glass instead of whole display combo. I want it to get it done by good quality brand.
0 Likes
Møňū
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
bro but Samsung change whole display not Only Glass
its very costly
VJB
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
i have talked to them, they told that u can try in a Samsung care center near me. They will check the device and if possible then they will only change glass. So i have to take out some time to submit my phone which is quite difficult as i don't have any other 4g handset. Maybe i will submit my phone for inspection probably in 6 months.
0 Likes
kkanth
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
bro what happened did they change front glass alone ..?
0 Likes
Møňū
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
In your local market.
VJB
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
i had searched for glass panel for s8+ in All the local market of Chandigarh, Panchkula and Mohali but NO one is ready to change the front glass. They rather told me to keep it using as long as it may last. They said the GLASS REPLACEMENT isn't successful and if something happens to display combo then the screen may stop working. So its better to use it as long as possible and later get DISPLAY COMBO REPLACEMENT. And samsung is charging more than ₹11000. It would be better if they reduced its cost to 3 or 4k max.
0 Likes