Original topic:

Disappointed with Samsung

(Topic created on: 11-15-2020 09:08 PM)
Khurshd
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
Hi everyone. If you are a Samsung fan please read this before judging. 

Almost a year ago I bought the Samsung galaxy s9+ from Flipkart as I broke my old device and was desperately in need of another...after about 15 days of usage I noticed that some unusual grease marks remained on the screen even after cleaning, and when I posted it here I came to know that the oleophobic coating has worn off and was advised to take it to the service centre. I did so and they told me that they have to replace the screen. They did so but during the night I noticed there is a slight gap between the frame and the display from which light was leaking. It was unnoticeable in normal conditions. It can be noticed only when the room is pitch black and the screen is white. I went again and the service centre guys didn't quite understand my problem. then another guy came from an inside room, maybe the technician and he after switching off the lights saw the problem and said that the screen came defective and needs to be replaced again. Then the lockdown happened and when I enquired about it after they called me and I had to tell them the problem again. they didn't quite understand this time too but they said they will change the front glass.

2 days back I got the replacement and was happy. They asked me if everything is okay this time. I tried to look at the glass if there is any defect but I couldn't see any as the surrounding was well lit. After coming home I saw the leaking light again but this time instead of the left edge it was the bottom edge and corners. I feel embarrassed to go again and again for the same problem. Moreover, my warranty will come to an end this Tuesday so there is no use I guess. 

I am disappointed with Samsung as it is a brand I have prefered over others...I feel as the s9+ is an old device they are not manufacturing the parts anymore and just sending the old defective parts left in the stock. 

Moreover, due to the gap, I don't think my device is water-resistant anymore. I also saw some screenshots showing the water-resistance test failed, done by the service centre people and they didn't delete it later or maybe forgot to delete it. Coming from a middle-class family it is not likely of me to change my phone every year or two. It feels like I just wasted all my parent's money.

Sorry, I wrote it too long. If you are sticking till the end thanks a lot for your time.😊

19 Comments
GSMGSM
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
I feel sorry for you. 😐
Khurshd
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Me too... I just feel bad for myself. Samsung isn't how I thought it is...moreover coming from a lower-middle-class family it feels like I wasted my parent's hard-earned money.
0 Likes
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
go to this link and lodge ur complain to Samsung first

https://contactus.samsung.com/customer/contactus/formmail/mail/MailQuestionProduct.jsp?SITE_ID=50&si...

then send email to service head

servicehead.in@samsung.com
Khurshd
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
should i call the service center first? but i don't think it will resolve the issue even if they asks me to replace my display again as the last two had same defect in different places😌
0 Likes
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
once you email and complain, you will get call from them soon, no need to call service centre
Khurshd
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
hey...i sent them an email and they called me and asked me to visit the service center again....i did so and they said they will talk to the company about this matter...
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
just wait and watch this time something more effective for you
Khurshd
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
hope so...they said it will depend on the answer they get from the main office...i hope they do something...and thanks a lot...if you wouldn't have asked me to lodge the complain i wouldn't have done it
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
welcome brother 👍
i also wish for you, soon you will get resolve your issue permanently