Original topic:

Bring more audio codec support

(Topic created on: 4 weeks ago)
Aravindanishere
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Im planning on new TWS earbuds and stumbled upon many of the headphones mentioning Qualcomm Aptx HD and Adaptive which my Samsung s24 ultra does not support(only Aptx is available) despite having a Gen 3 chip. This hinders my options as i would not be able to get everything out of the earbuds. Even budget phones have these features but not a phone costing over 1 Lack rupees. Please add these codecs through an update.
8 Comments
ravikumar2211
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Try developer options
ravikumar2211
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
May be i can see options in my S24 Ultra after connecting to a Proper Headset in developer option, please verify the same with any demo piece at shop1715818733960.jpg
Galaxy S
These are the only options i have as well. Theres no Apt HD and adaptive anywhere.
0 Likes
sathya12
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Probably because samsung has their proprietary codec SSC and also they support LDAC.
Galaxy S
Which tws such as sennheiser mw4 and bose quiet comforts dont quite use, essentially making the sony wf1000xm5 the better choice as it has ldac support but costs 5k more than the others while not having bt 5.4
sathya12
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Why not Buds2 pro?
Galaxy S
Its probably due for an update since it is almost two years old now. And i tried it side by side with Airpods pro gen1 when i had an iPhone and i felt that the airpods were much more clearer if my memory serves me right.
sathya12
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
OK.. Buds3 are going to launch anyway. Just felt because it might go well with the eco system and integrate well with the device.