Original topic:

My Galaxy M52 location services not accurate after recent update

(Topic created on: 06-14-2023 02:20 AM)
Samsung_b02aGWz
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy M

My M52 5G is having a GPS problem since upgrade to Android 12 (One UI 4.1). Currently running in Android security patch level March 01, 2022.

Google maps or any other navigation app is not showing precise location.I checked my location accuracy and sensors using Samsung Members app and its showing status as normal. I tried using apps like GPS Test, where I see that my phone GPS is not seeing satellites to fix location. Whatever approximate location I'm seeing in google maps is using mobile tower info only. Because of this, I cannot use navigation feature in Maps.

After rebooting, GPS navigation works fine for some time. GPS Test app will see the satellites to fix location. But after sometime, again GPS stops working.

Since I checked the sensors and they are working fine, I think this is not a hardware issue. Anybody else is facing this issue? If it's a known software issue, then when is Samsung expected to fix this?

Please help me.I am very much dependent on navigation for my daily commute. I'm struggling for past two months because of this GPS issue.

2 Comments
cs-member11
Options
Galaxy M

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Thank you for sharing your concern. We acknowledge your query and apologize for the same. We would request you to register your concern in Samsung Members Application. So, that our concern team gets back to you as soon as possible.

Please register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Support> Tap on error report > Type your query > Send).

Note. please attach the error log file within 15 minutes of the error occurring.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
Sam_Diw
Active Level 4
Galaxy M
It seems your mobile not updated since long. As you have mentioned the current Android on your phone is Android 12, but now the latest version on Samsung Galaxy M52 is Android 13 and One UI 5.1.1
Kindly update your Samsung galaxy M52 and then checi
0 Likes