Original topic:

M55 Phone Eye Comfort is not working properly, yellow and orange tint every where, black is orange

(Topic created on: 05-06-2024 03:48 PM)
Jaskaran_Singh1
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy M

I purchased the Samsung M55 - 5G with 12 GB of memory and 256 GB of storage. Upon enabling the eye comfort mode, I encountered a significant issue with the phone's eye comfort shield. This issue manifests as a yellow tint covering the entire screen, causing black pixels to appear yellow and orange. From a technical standpoint, we understand that the black pixels on the screen should remain inactive, emitting no colors on the Super AMOLED Plus screen. But this newly purchased problem poses a challenge as the service center requires the same model, M55, to acknowledge the issue. To illustrate the problem, I have provided a comparison screenshot: on the left side is the M55 displaying the issue, while on the right side is the M53 functioning as expected, without any abnormalities.
I checked 100 phones, and none have such a problem; unfortunately, none of the phone stores have demo phones for the M55; they told me Samsung does not provide demo phones for the M Series.

I appeal to the community for assistance in providing proof of this issue. Specifically, I require a screen recording demonstrating the black mode with the eye comfort shield activated, showcasing the abnormal display in the settings app.

Your help in this matter would be immensely appreciated.

m55 issue.png

21 Comments
goodthings
Expert Level 5
Galaxy M
Kindly complaint to Samsung customer support through Samsung Members App as error report also send log files Along with this error report for this issue and wait for next update may be fix it by Samsung team soon. If you like please accept as a solution it's help to others users also, click on 3dots in my reply section and click on accept solution. Thanks.
0 Likes
Galaxy M

Thank you for your response. It's hard to believe that the current OS version could be buggy. I've checked numerous phones released around April 2024, the same OS version and the same OneUI version, at various stores, and none seem to have this issue. Initially, I considered it might be a software problem, but after thorough analysis and checking, I am certain that my phone specifically has this issue.

Unfortunately, M55 demo phones are unavailable in stores, making it impossible for me to demonstrate the problem to the service center.

Regarding the Samsung Smart Tutor app, while they have acknowledged the issue, their support is limited, they said to go to the service center. Technicians at the Samsung Service Center seem uncertain. Some suggest that Samsung may have intentionally made these changes, but they are not sure. They argue that without an M55 on hand, they cannot be certain. They've asked me to find a video recording of an M55 exhibiting the issue before they can proceed with repairing my new phone. So I need a video recording on M55 + Dark Mode + Full eye Comfort mode, on settings screen or any black screen, record with another phone camera because eye comfort will not appear in screen recording.

Galaxy M
Same case with my phone
0 Likes
goodthings
Expert Level 5
Galaxy M
Your's most welcome to here.
0 Likes
JSS28
Active Level 7
Galaxy M
Great work bro
Hope Samsung sees ur review
cs_member10
Expert Level 5
Galaxy M

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

As per your query, we request you kindly share the log file. Also, share the same video clips and images for better understanding. This will help us to investigate further and resolve this issue.

Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Support> Tap on error report > Type your query > Send).

Note: To ensure relevant log information is included in the error report, submit the report within 3 minutes of encountering the bug or error, and do not terminate (swipe away) the Samsung Members application until you are notified that the report has been sent. This can take up to 5 minutes.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
Galaxy M

Thanks for adding a reply. I have submitted the phone to the Samsung Service center, The technicians are uncertain; they need a exact same phone to acknowledge the issue, Let's wait to see what they conclude, I am trying to produce proof, so if somebody has the same phone, that may help me to resolve the matter by providing the screen recording and then Service center will help me.

If the authorized service center is not able to understand and return the phone to me, I will diagnose and send the report to you

Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Support> Tap on error report > Type your query > Send).

0 Likes
Galaxy M
Meanwhile anybody having m55 please reachout to me. I Respect your time and will pay for the consultation fee.
0 Likes
Galaxy M
Yes i am having m55
0 Likes