Original topic:

M52 5G will not get Android 14.

(Topic created on: 02-26-2024 11:14 PM)
Eccentricism
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy M

I reached out to Samsung about this. This was their answer. Don't you guys think that Upper mid rangers from 2 years back should get Android 14 when phones today much cheaper phones like M34 5G are getting full 4 years OS upgrades ( in my case I am using M52 5G which I bought for 24000 and M54 is like 16000). 
10 Comments
Saurabhnahar
Expert Level 1
Galaxy M
Won't get Android 14 update anymore
0 Likes
sidwid
Active Level 5
Galaxy M
You're right! I'm using Samsung m42 5G, whose last update ended with 5.1. Since the model has no OS update and won't be getting OneUI 6, I decided to purchase Samsung m34 5g, which is kind of a bummer 😕.
0 Likes
HECKER_Sr
Expert Level 3
Galaxy M
Galaxy M34 is not so good. How's your experience about the phone?
0 Likes
sidwid
Active Level 5
Galaxy M
Till now I've a mixed feelings. The Cons: Touch response, processor, and some functionalities in the camera. The biggest pro is it's future-proof with a 4-year OS update meaning you'll be getting OS updates till Android 17 and that too for a phone under ₹17k so there's a lot of scope for improvements.
Babita59
Active Level 5
Galaxy M
I agree but I've noticed that the M34 is not as silky as the M52. Benchmarks show a huge difference and a minute lag is noticeable when you watch carefully the transition between different things on your phone whilst having 2 or 3 background apps running.
Babita59
Active Level 5
Galaxy M
M52 has a Snapdragon 778G so yeah
0 Likes
derrickvarren
Active Level 4
Galaxy M
That is not how this works. The date of release of the phone decides which phone is eligible for which update.
I am an m52 user myself and I was well aware that we won't get the Android upgrade but we will still get the Android security update.
sumeshkalwa
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M
Why M52 5G will not getting Android 14.
Company will be claim 4 year os and major update?
Sayan_SS_
Expert Level 5
Galaxy M
Samsung Galaxy M52 5g Will Not Get ONE UI 6(Android 14) Because M52 tg Is Soffited To 2 Year Of OS Update
0 Likes