Did you mean: 

Original topic:

One UI 6 for Galaxy A53 5G South Africa

(Topic created on: 02-09-2024 08:34 AM)
DesignRightPatrick
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy A
Hi there guys. I have a Galaxy A53 5G, and live in South Africa. I have been following the update path of ONE UI 6 carefully, knowing that the update is rolled out to different regions at different times. UK was the first, along with some parts of Europe to receive the update at end of November 2023. During Decemver it rolled out to North America, and finally stopped on 03 January 2024 in Brazil. We are still waiting in SA, and yesterday the ONE UI 6 update rolled out to the A23 in SA??????  And what is quite alarming that Galaxy A53 5G is meant to receive monthly security updates. We are currently still on OCTOBER 2023, and we are in the middle of February 2024!!!!

19 Comments
akapelwa
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
I feel your pain. The long wait am going through is just so unbearable. A53 5G in Zambia akuna...wala...
But then BOOOOM, there's February security update....1707465627776.jpg
vvvvv4234
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
When will it release?
0 Likes
KRSSRK
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
You're correct , the A53 and 52 are enterprise devices,

Eligible for monthly updates

I myself have no clue what's going on

Either the carriers are to blame or Samsung SA

Both are useless
Galaxy A
I have contacted Samsung Support SA three times, and get the same answer. Please do a manual check for updates??? Like I have not done yet??!! Then I get the same old, devices are updated by region, blah, blah, blah!!!!! You will be notified when an update is available! Sorry we cannot tell you when! SUPPORT????? WHAT SUPPORT??????
KRSSRK
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
I swear, nothing works in this country.

Nothing "1st world" that is

If you want to see how truely effed up SA is

Check out SamFW

The A53 in other regions INCLUDING African regions are all running Android 14

South Africa, Android 13

https://samfw.com/firmware/SM-A536E
kunworld22
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
I have A536E which i changed CSC code to Morocco, then I received one ui just after the process, then i switched back to original csc code for SA then I'm just using one ui6 in wait of SA to receive the update and later on updates so that I will carry On
0 Likes
bxk
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy A
How do you change the code
0 Likes
Maerro
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
That response gets me nuts 😡😡😡it's like they don't give a **bleep** about the device and they are not working on pushing the update...I ended up swearing at them for that annoying answer, because in my opinion they have no right or reason not to give us the update...they just don't want to, imagine the A33 was released with the A53 but it got the update but the A53 didn't
0 Likes
Galaxy A
I see I am not the only one frustrated!
0 Likes