Did you mean: 

Original topic:

One UI 6 Update Issues on Galaxy A34 5G

(Topic created on: 12-13-2023 12:05 AM)
Tysin__
Beginner Level 3
Options
Galaxy A

Since receiving the One UI 6.0 update yesterday on my Galaxy A34 5G, I've encountered several issues that significantly impact the overall user experience. Below are the problems I've faced, and based on my experience, I would advise users to hold off on updating to One UI 6.0 and patiently await a stable release, perhaps One UI 6.1 from Samsung. 

Issues:

Overheating During Video Playback: The device experiences noticeable overheating while watching videos, with the CPU reaching temperatures as high as 50°C.

Control Panel Lag:Pulling down the control panel results in frustrating lag, affecting the overall responsiveness of the device. 

Deteriorated Multimedia Quality:Video and picture quality have noticeably declined compared to the previous One UI 5.1 version, impacting the overall viewing experience. 

Non-Functioning Dynamic Range:
The dynamic range feature seems ineffective, failing to deliver the expected enhancements to visual content. 

Camera App Limitation:
Lack of support for 60 fps in Full HD within the camera app, restricting smooth video recording capabilities.

Poor App Install Dialog Design: 
The design of the app install dialog is subpar, with buttons placed too close together, diminishing user-friendly interactions.

Shutter Speed Lag:
Switching camera modes is accompanied by shutter speed lag, causing delays in capturing moments.

Oversized Icons: 
Icon sizes are disproportionately large, making the interface less visually appealing and reducing screen real estate.

Pixel Shifting Technology Malfunction: 
Pixel shifting technology, particularly with network, Wi-Fi, and battery icons, is not functioning as expected, leading to potential display issues. 

Considering these challenges, it might be prudent for users to refrain from updating to One UI 6.0 until a more stable release, such as One UI 6.1, is made available by Samsung.
6 Comments
IG_777
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy A
I Can Agree ,I Received The Update Yesterday And Am Not Impressed At All ,Everything Feels Like It's In A Beta State ,Am Really Annoyed With This Update Samsung And The Default Task Mananger Is Very Laggy ,My Device Doesn't Feel As Responsive As It Was ,Please Fix This ASAP!
0 Likes
Tomatoe
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
I have the a54 and have not had any issues besides not having finelock supported on Android 14. Everything has just been fine for me personally
0 Likes
M2NGWA
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
FHD 60 is there in video recording.

The chip in the A34 is not powerful and is laggy, tends to run hot. Even my A33 runs lagy on OneUI 5 so it's not really a good CPU. Exynos doesn't have a good reputation
0 Likes
JayEx
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

I have A34 that was recently updated to One UI 6.0 ever since the update, the phone touch screen is not responding. Can I rollback or downgrade to the previous version. Cause phone seems useless as I can take up calls or respond to messages. Please any help?

0 Likes
saneleNako
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
Since receiving the One UI 6.0 update yesterday on my Galaxy A34 5G, I've encountered several issues that significantly impact the overall user experience. Below are the problems I've faced, and based on my experience, I would advise users to hold off on updating to One UI 6.0 and patiently await a stable release, perhaps One UI 6.1 from Samsung. 

Issues:

Overheating During Video Playback: The device experiences noticeable overheating while watching videos, with the CPU reaching temperatures as high as 50°C.

Control Panel Lag:Pulling down the control panel results in frustrating lag, affecting the overall responsiveness of the device. 

Deteriorated Multimedia Quality:Video and picture quality have noticeably declined compared to the previous One UI 5.1 version, impacting the overall viewing experience. 

The dynamic range feature seems ineffective, failing to deliver the expected enhancements to visual content. 

Camera App Limitation:

Lack of support for 60 fps in Full HD within the camera app, restricting smooth video recording capabilities.

The design of the app install dialog is subpar, with buttons placed too close together, diminishing user-friendly interactions.

Shutter Speed Lag:

Switching camera modes is accompanied by shutter speed lag, causing delays in capturing moments.

Oversized Icons: 

Icon sizes are disproportionately large, making the interface less visually appealing and reducing screen real estate.

Pixel shifting technology, particularly with network, Wi-Fi, and battery icons, is not functioning as expected, leading to potential display issues. 

Considering these challenges, it might be prudent for users to refrain from updating to One UI 6.0 until a more stable release, such as One UI 6.1, is made available by Samsung

0 Likes
saneleNako
Active Level 3
Galaxy A

Issues:

Camera App Limitation:

Shutter Speed Lag:

Oversized Icons:

Considering these challenges, it might be prudent for users to refrain from updating to One UI 6.0 until a more stable release, such as One UI 6.1, is made available
0 Likes