Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy A35 Screen Issue

(Topic created on: 2 weeks ago)
rppinca
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A

Hi, I noticed that the A35 has a severe screen issue which many (or all?) A35s might be affected by. I have already returned the phone but wanted to report it here so that others can know what kind of issue the A35 might have before buying it. (This is the repost from Reddit)

What's the problem?
Many colorful, flickering lines appear on the screen when the background is white and the zoom is reduced. See the attached images.

How to reproduce the issue?
On the A35:

1. Open the Samsung browser.
  2. Set it to "Light mode" and "Webpage zoom" to 67% (other small percentages also work, but this is just an example).
  3. Visit a page that has small texts against a white background, e.g., ‪Geoffrey Hinton‬ - ‪Google Scholar‬
  4. Scroll down slowly.

Is it only that app or that page?
No. This issue can be reproduced using other browsers, e.g., Kiwi and Chrome. It also occurs when displaying PDFs using the Google Drive app. You can even see this in a screenshot of such a page (a page with a white background and small text).

Is it only some phones?
No, it seems that a lot of A35s are affected. I visited two different electronics shops nearby (in the Netherlands) and all A35 demos exhibited the same issue. Additionally, this problem appears to be worldwide as many people from different countries have reported it (see the links for details).

Any other reports?
Yes:

TL;DR: The A35 has a screen issue. Be careful if you are considering buying it.

samsung_browser.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
IBRK
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Display issue was there, but a software update was rolled out in first week of May 2024 to fix the issue. Not sure whether it's rolledout to all countries.

View solution in context

12 Comments
VijayPachoute
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
Mine phone issue automatically resolved.

I didn't face screen flickering issue.

I don't know exact diagnosis how it get fixed.

But I updating software time to time.

I don't have this issues anymore.
Kuldipindia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
Good
0 Likes
VijayPachoute
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
Didn't seen anything such.

I think it's problem with A35-Netherland make only.

We have screen flickering issue but it automatically get fixed after updates.
0 Likes
VijayPachoute
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
See attached image1715210547927.jpg
0 Likes
rppinca
Active Level 1
Galaxy A

Hi, the issue I reported is about A35 when using a small text size with light mode on the browser and other apps. I tested other devices (A15, A25, A55) and for them, I could not observe this specific issue.

Could you perhaps try setting the "Webpage zoom" to 67% on A35 as mentioned in the "How to Reproduce" section?

I also don’t see this issue when the texts are large. (So, the solution is - don’t use small texts! Haha.) And, this issue cannot be captured via screenshot (since this is a display issue.)

This issue was originally reported in India and then in another country (see the link in the original post), so I don’t think this is a problem exclusive to the Netherlands.

Of course, there is a possibility that the fix was rolled out first in India!

0 Likes
Solution
IBRK
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Display issue was there, but a software update was rolled out in first week of May 2024 to fix the issue. Not sure whether it's rolledout to all countries.
rppinca
Active Level 1
Galaxy A

Good to hear! Hope that fix will be rolled out worldwide!

0 Likes
Kuldipindia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
Kuchh problem nhi hai hamare neighbour ne liya hai mast phone hai
0 Likes
rppinca
Active Level 1
Galaxy A

If you don't use small texts with light mode, this problem does not occur. See another report here: https://r2.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-A/Getting-screen-lines-in-all-A35-5g-mobiles-while-open-w... 

0 Likes