Original topic:

Am I the only person facing this issue??

(Topic created on: 02-20-2024 10:50 AM)
SupunSilva
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A
There is a bug in this application, I tried a few times to install it and I did, but nearby share still shows me to update it & when I did Galaxy Store said the content wasn't available for my device. I'm pretty sure there is a bug between these applications. 

14 Comments
SuhasDissa
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy A
I have the same issue.

Few days ago that page opened fine, but didn't let me update the app.
Now it's not opening at all.
kaz_
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
It will fix soon. Stay hopeful
__Dineth__
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
It isn't a bug. Samsung and Google merged the Nearby Share and Quick Share apps and it is currently being rolled out ( Nearby Share will be removed when the new Quick Share app is released to your device ) that's why it says to update but since the new Quick Share app isn't available for all devices it says "The Content isn't available in galaxy store yet". When Quick Share is available for you it will let you update the app.
SupunSilva
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Bruh, I already got the update from the Galaxy store and I installed it. The problem is nothing has changed after the installation. Nearby share is still there and idk what's happening... That's why I consider this situation as a bug
0 Likes
__Dineth__
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
No, It seems like you have got the update only for the Quick Share Agent and Quick Share Connectivity apps but yet you haven't received the update for the Quick Share ( the main app ). To view it toggle the show system apps button in Settings --> Apps
SupunSilva
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Yeah IK but, now I'm no longer able to use nearby share anymore, ... Nearby share should work, right ? After this quick share update...
0 Likes
__Dineth__
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
No, Nearby Share will disappear when you get the Quick Share app update. ( If you find this helpful please accept this as a solution 🙂☺️ )
SupunSilva
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Idk bruh, just look at this, this pic was taken from one of my friends' phones. It got the update but the nearby share is still there next to it... 20240222_130340_1000060093_1708587227.jpg
0 Likes
__Dineth__
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
Nearby Share gets disabled with the play system update or Play Services app update ( Since Nearby Share is a function provided by Play Services Update ) and for some users it has already been removed and for others still it's there for now.