Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Phones with One UI 5

(Topic created on: 11-26-2022 06:44 AM)
M2NGWA
Active Level 10
Options
with Galaxy
Well so far it seems like the phones with the OneUI 5 in South Africa are the S22 series, Note20, A53, A71.. looks like they're playing lotto in Samsung randomly choosing models to get updates. Just wondering what's next?
15 Comments
Rudzani
Active Level 5
with Galaxy
And you would think that all the eligible S series should received OneUI 5 first, followed by folds and flips then upper mid range then the rest. But no, Samsung is busy playing games with updates. I'm seriously considering moving away from Samsung because of this. Long time ago I stopped buying Samsung tablets because of this, but now I'm considering stopping to buy their phones also. I have been using their phones for years, but even though there is a lot of improvements in software updates they seem not to take South Africa or Africa as a whole serious.
M2NGWA
Active Level 10
with Galaxy
I think we come in with high expectations for software updates as if it will bring in revolutionary changes when it is minor. I understand that we want to have the latest version but if you were to point out what people enjoy, it's faster animations and new app icons both which you can change at anytime in the software. The lockscreen method is nice. One that I don't hear talking about is the simplified multi tasking access to split screen which to me is a big deal.

Android is already feature rich so there isn't much you can't do.

What do you look forward to the new update?
Rudzani
Active Level 5
with Galaxy
Things that you have just mentioned are important to me. Things like new lock screen, stacked widgets and animation are important to me. I known you can change things like animation speed at the developer settings but they are not the same as the new animation on OneUI 5.

It is not that I am expecting something that I do not know or I'm expecting big changes.
0 Likes
LemonCream
Active Level 7
with Galaxy
The lock screen features are not new but rather a bit improved, the have been possible through Good Lock, Nice Lock or Fine Lock for years now. One UI 5 made them more mainstream. Stacked widgets are something you've been living without forever and won't make a huge difference in your usage.

People complain about updates for the sake of complaining as if the update will change their lives when most of the time they won't even use the new features ( I am not reffering to you).
0 Likes
Rudzani
Active Level 5
with Galaxy
Believe I do have fine lock and I know what you are talking about, but it is nothing close to what's on the one UI 5.

If updates were not important manufacturers were just gonna do security updates and nothing more. The reason they make these changes is because they know their clients wants changes and they know how important those changes are to some.

Yes I've been living without stacked widgets, but I need those and they are very important to me. I had to remove some widgets that I use because I can't stand having too many screens because of widgets.
0 Likes
LemonCream
Active Level 7
with Galaxy
So you're gonna stop buying Samsung phones because the updates take a bit longer??

Was that your whole reason for buying their devices in the first place?
0 Likes
Rudzani
Active Level 5
with Galaxy
That's the reason enough depending on what you are missing out and what you are getting at that particular time.

You buy the latest phone to get the latest stuff.

That's the reason most people buy latest phones even though the ones they are using is still functioning.
0 Likes
LemonCream
Active Level 7
with Galaxy
I was talking about updates in particular and not physical new features.
0 Likes
Rudzani
Active Level 5
with Galaxy
I get you but software updates comes with new features.
0 Likes