Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Don't bother asking for Android betas

(Topic created on: 09-16-2021 10:22 AM)
M2NGWA
Active Level 9
Options
with Galaxy
Don't bother asking for Android betas here in South Africa. The Android beta program is very different to what Apple does. With Samsung it's usually for European and Asian countries 7 in total and for flagship phones like the S series. 

We should just for next year when it gets available to our devices.

Android updates are very tedious and take a long time to rollout because of the way Android is designed and the modifications each manufacturer makes to it and also the cellphone carriers. 
4 Comments
F23G
Active Level 6
with Galaxy
Well said.
with Galaxy
Such a shame, so disappointing

Samsung can do better🚮😑
Pierre44mp
Active Level 9
with Galaxy
It's such a promising device,almost every 3rd person in south africa has a samsung, that's why they don't care,because the money rolls in,but the thing is,they can make so much more money ,win over some huawei and apple users,if they have a better strategy to get people excited about a device. I know of quite a few ways. If they can give us,the users a chance,we can surely spice up things. I know it is a server related thing on the beta,but why don't they speak to the Koreans. Why don't they improve their samsung store,and actually offer vodacom and mtn deals from their store like iphone does,and not just the original cases,but get someone like speck to supply the store with cases,I bet the guys from rugged sa,and punkcase can help,even if samsung sells it at the same price,but surely can promote the brand. The store doesn't offer all the products online, but has a where to buy, that is completely only blatant laziness, and it only sends you to the cape Town samsung store. They need someone who does their web page and some SEO work to get their rankings up. We have companies like conversation lab that can help with their SEO. They can bring more stores and not just focus to the metro,**bleep** samsung let's money go down the drain
Pierre44mp
Active Level 9
with Galaxy
One more thing that irritates me on samsung: no update notification on the apps and the sofware as soon as it is available, maybe if you don't go look for yourself like a week later you get the notification, apple does not do it like this
0 Likes