Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Call Recording

(Topic created on: 08-22-2021 05:06 AM)
trids
Active Level 1
Options
with Galaxy
This is an urgent appeal to Samsung South Africa: PLEASE STOP DISABLING CALL RECORDING IN ALL YOUR DEVICES AVAILABLE LOCALLY! 

• It was a very useful tool in your early devices, one which all but eliminated the need for note-taking while on a call. Receiving information during as call, such as contact details and directions, was a breeze and never even had to be repeated. But now no longer! 

• Back then, the call recording feature came to my rescue in a very ugly dispute with my medical aid, and saved me thousands of Rand for a procedure that they fraudulently claimed they had never authorised. Now, it would be impossible to prove the truth. 

• Right now it is sorely missed when receiving medical feedback that is difficult to digest in just one pass (while on the call) .. besides all the other practical benefits that are being denied. 

Given all the benefits, it's just common sense to keep the feature enabled, as it is elsewhere in the world. Yet in a country such as SA, where it offers a priceless advantage for those who value truth (besides all the obvious practical benefits) .. some nameless figure, either Brainless or Sinister, has been able to hamstring the feature for almost all Samsung devices. Even to the extent of compromising third party apps (eg Boldbeast Recorder) in their ability to fill the gap. 

SAMSUNG, STOP BEING COMPLICIT WITH IDIOCY! 

From my investigations, it appears that the feature depends on a single switch that is only accessible on rooted devices. But your customers should not be forced into making such a decision! Please re-enable the common sense behind the feature that is built into your devices, and stop giving the edge to those hoping to deny the truth of what is communicated in a phone call.
7 Comments
Maps_sam07
Options
with Galaxy

Hi trids

Samsung appreciates your input and our team of experts will look into the possibilities of improving the product functionality

0 Likes
Davidmoney
Active Level 1
with Galaxy
samsung services is most appalling
Ryan9mm
Active Level 5
with Galaxy
I am sure the Privacy laws have something to do with this!. Typically only law enforcement and other officials have the authority to record phone calls. 🤷‍♂️
trids
Active Level 1
with Galaxy
Doesn't make sense. Why should fraudsters in South Africa be protected by privacy laws? It's the innocent who should be protected by the truth, confirmed by a recording if necessary. By common sense, people on phone calls should accept that they are accountable for what they say.
Even in South Africa, or perhaps especially in South Africa!
If anyone has any reason to deny saying what they say, then they shouldn't say it.
0 Likes
Solution
Jurgens85
Beginner Level 2
with Galaxy
Why can my Samsung S20 plus record my calls but my Samsung A31 can not record my calls? Im in South Africa and using both phones!
Mreva
Beginner Level 2
with Galaxy
if I am you call recorder I can able to hear only me on conversation not other person that I am talking with
0 Likes
Jonathan21
Active Level 4
with Galaxy
But iphones in south africa have call recording, why my S22 ultra doesn't have it