Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

e-Sim activation Galaxy Active 2

(Topic created on: 11-30-2020 09:13 PM)
Papacita
Active Level 1
Options
Wearables
Im struggling to activate my eSim with my Galaxy Active Lte watch, my service provider is MTN, has no clue, they want me to purchase a physical Sim...dont know how to issue me a eSim..., my watch requires a QR code to activate a mobile service plan for my watch...Mtn wants me to do a sim swap...to a eSim...I want a stand alone number, and prepaid contract for eSim, been a frustrating 4 weeks...

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Maps_sam07
Options
Wearables

Hi  Papacita

An eSIM is  available on wearables and specific devices. You will need to speak to your Service Providers(Network Providers) in order to activate, due to the billing aspect related to using an eSIM.

Vodacom is the only Service Provider currently able to activate the eSIM on wearables.

MTN has communicated that they are able to activate an eSIM on the below phones

The Samsung S20 is currently the only Samsung phone which is able to use an (eSIMon MTN.

The eSim on your watch will use your mobile phone number for the Galaxy Watch as well, so you cannot have a standalone number for the watch 

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 Comments
Solution
Maps_sam07
Options
Wearables

Hi  Papacita

An eSIM is  available on wearables and specific devices. You will need to speak to your Service Providers(Network Providers) in order to activate, due to the billing aspect related to using an eSIM.

Vodacom is the only Service Provider currently able to activate the eSIM on wearables.

MTN has communicated that they are able to activate an eSIM on the below phones

The Samsung S20 is currently the only Samsung phone which is able to use an (eSIMon MTN.

The eSim on your watch will use your mobile phone number for the Galaxy Watch as well, so you cannot have a standalone number for the watch 

0 Likes
Papacita
Active Level 1
Wearables
thank you for the reply....I will contact MTN again tomorrow and do the eSim swap...