Original topic:

Ultimate fix to galaxy buds+ right/left bud issue.

(Topic created on: 08-01-2021 09:40 PM)
samauriga
Active Level 7
Options
Wearables
[UPDATE : I made a video on the same in hindi, for better understanding. Link in the end.] 

If the service centre gives you a promise that we'll fix your issue with a software update within 1-2 hours. This is exactly what they're gonna do. 
Do this & save yourself from hassle of service centre. 

Follow these instructions and note that the key is to make sure the headphone that isn't working is in the case and showing a constant red light. If it goes green at any point you have to keep repositioning the earbud until it stays red. Also, make sure you leave the case open at all times when charging the earbud. Also, disconnect from Bluetooth before trying.
Here's the instructions and I promise you this will work. I tried everything when my right ear bud stopped working and this was the only method that worked: >

1. Confirm that the charging case has sufficient power. 

2. Put the faulty earbud into the charging case and confirm that the red light of the charging case is on and stays on, instead of turning into a green light after a few seconds. 

3. If the red light turns into a green light within a few seconds, reposition the bud. If the red light continues to light up in accordance with the second step, 

Go to the fourth step; if it turns into a green light soon, repeat the third step. 

4. When the red light keeps on, wait for about 30 minutes, the charging box will charge the headset to 40% ~ 50% of the power. 

Don't close the case during this time. You can use Galaxy Wearable to pair.

It showed me 76% after doing so for nearly an 1 and half hour . 

Right now i'm having it charged with the case is open and connected to the app so i can monitor its battery and it seems to be working fine

89 Comments
Suri1010
Beginner Level 2
Wearables

I'm having problems with my right earbud, when I put it in the case, the indicator light doesn't stay red, it kept on blinking red, hope you know what's going on with it!!

0 Likes
hassan197
Beginner Level 2
Wearables

Hey iam facing the same issue and i tried repositioning the bud for several minutes but it is not turning red in my case ,in fact i am facing this issues just after few weeks of unboxing my new buds , so please do help me what to do.......

0 Likes
Ben Levene
Beginner Level 2
Wearables

Hi, I've been trying this for a while and no luck.... No sure if it is because in the galaxy wearables app it says that both earbuds are already at 100%?

Do you think it could be something different?

Its the left one that doesn't work if you need that info?

Thanks!

0 Likes
samauriga
Active Level 7
Wearables
If the app is showing both buds at 100% that means it's some other issue.
It's probably a hardware (speaker) issue.
You should get it checked at the service centre.
0 Likes
mcdonsco
Active Level 1
Wearables

Ok, but then isn't this just having the issue BECAUSE it's a hardware problem? If this works, wouldn't you then have to do this EVERY TIME you charge them?

Came here cause my right bud wasn't working...case shows red light now, so sitting and waiting, but figured I'd ask if this is in anyway a permanent fix or has to be done every time?

0 Likes
samauriga
Active Level 7
Wearables
I guess it depends.

I faced the same issue on my galaxybuds+ in jun 2020 , since i have applied the fix i didn't come across this issue again.
But if its a recurring hassle then it may be a hardware issue & service center is the answer.
0 Likes
Evocorp
Beginner Level 2
Wearables

Does your method also work with the original galaxy buds?

0 Likes
samauriga
Active Level 7
Wearables
It does
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Wearables

i have a similar issue. my right bud was left dead and when i put it back into the case there is always a red light (saying its charging) however it still cannot connect to my wearable app. I tried to wiggle and move the bud around and every now and then it connects to my wearable app for a few seconds, showing it has 1% battery, then disconnects agains? Help would be appreciated

0 Likes
samauriga
Active Level 7
Wearables
If you've reached a point where it shows it has 1% battery then you have to keep it wiggling until it starts charging continously.
Then put case on charing while keeping the lid open for almost 1 hr.
It should take that battery percentage to 80-90%

Throughout the process it might heat & its okay.
0 Likes