Original topic:

Sold my Active 2

(Topic created on: 05-16-2021 08:31 AM)
AshAnjum
Active Level 5
Options
Wearables
Finally sold my Active 2 after waiting for the promised features. There is no use of watch except notifications which I found not worth.

11 Comments
ajitsaria
Active Level 10
Wearables
How much did you get?
0 Likes
AshAnjum
Active Level 5
Wearables
13000/-
0 Likes
OrthodocX
Active Level 2
Wearables

That's a good price to get for a used GWA2. Congratulations!

0 Likes
Wearables

1621113017174.gif

0 Likes
OrthodocX
Active Level 2
Wearables

I was also frustrated at the delay in getting the advanced features in India. Was considering selling the watch initially, but thanks to some research, figured out how to change CSC on the watch and get BP, ECG, as well as Samsung Pay working on the watch. Other comparable options are significantly expensive so for now I'm glad I can hang on to this one till the Galaxy Watch 4 comes out with WearOS. Which smartwatch are you planning to buy to replace your Watch Avtive 2? 

0 Likes
AshAnjum
Active Level 5
Wearables
Right now not a single android smart watch is worth for its price.
0 Likes
OrthodocX
Active Level 2
Wearables

OK. Thanks for your opinion.

I got my Watch Active 2 for Rs 990 only as part of the bundle offer with my S21 Ultra. So I guess it was practically free for me.

And with all it's features unlocked now, I guess for me at least it will be safe sticking with this for another 1-2 years till something better is released.

Even if i sell my WA2 for 13K right now, i cannot buy anything with all the features this watch has for that price.

The only other watch I like is the Galaxy Watch 3 which is around 30K+ and the only extra feauture (besides the design) it has over my WA2 is the SpO2 monitoring. 

So i guess for me the best option would be to keep it for as long as possible till a great android smartwatch comes out.

0 Likes
TimonN
Expert Level 3
Wearables
I am shocked to see basic feature like SpO2 sensor is missing is such high price watch.
0 Likes
OrthodocX
Active Level 2
Wearables
Yes. Me too. But when the watch was released two years ago, they didn't promise that it would have SpO2. Here, we can't find fault with them. So buying this watch for a feature that was never announced would be a mistake and I can make peace with that.

But if the watch hardware is capable of SpO2, and Samsung doesn't unlock it, that would be a very evil move on their part, especially during the pandemic. They should at least come up with an official statement whether watch active 2 has hardware that supports SpO2 or not. Right now we are all just left guessing.

And I'm also pretty upset about how these companies delay launching advertised features in countries like India. The problem is that there is no home grown manufacturer to challenge them, so they keep doing what they feel like.

But I also realise that these decisions are based more on marketing strategy rather than humanitarian grounds, and expecting corporate entities to have a soul is a self defeating exercise. None of these big companies have a heart, just balance sheets... So I try not to get emotional about them. That's why I went and bought a pulse oximeter for home use, just for safety and monitoring
0 Likes