Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Samsung South africa disables Galaxy watch Features

(Topic created on: 09-14-2022 08:58 PM)
Spies
Active Level 3
Options
Wearables
before you buy your Samsung watch, be careful that Samsung south africa disable and deactivate oxygen reader (Spo2). I have been waiting since the first day of the watch 4 release. 

Samsung south africa has no answers to why its banned and when its unbanned.

Be careful when buying their products.
9 Comments
DatGuy
Active Level 7
Wearables
I believe it has to be approved by the South African government. I don't know why but SA isn't the only place it isn't available. Try resetting your watch and choose a different region upon setting it up like the UK.

If you want another case of this type of issue, here: The Google Pixel 4 and 4XL has a radar sensor but can only be turned on depending on the region you live in because it has to be government approved. With the Pixel 4, it apparently just stops functioning if you leave the supported country. Idk what these companies and the government are doing but I guess they aren't working well together.
0 Likes
Spies
Active Level 3
Wearables
But Huawei & apple watches have Spo2 activated in RSA. My wife has the Huawei watch, and it is activated and works 100%. So how is samsung not allowed, but apple and Huawei is allowed?
0 Likes
DatGuy
Active Level 7
Wearables
This is a really good question. Samsung has blood on their hands!
Tsogo_sam05
Options
Wearables

Hi Spies

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Kindly note that the feature is not banned/ disabled. It is not working as yet in South Africa due to certification, once we receive the certification the feature will work

0 Likes
Spies
Active Level 3
Wearables
Hi Tsogo. Why does other competitors have certification, but Samsung is still waiting after almost 2 years
0 Likes
Hennosch
Active Level 3
Wearables
When is samsung activating this feature? Give us a date.
0 Likes
Wearables

Tsogo.

What rubbish!

We have been waiting for over 2 years now for this, yet Huawei and apple both have certification as well as the galaxy watch 5!!!

SO why doesnt the 4?

You do not say on the box that these features wont work in south africa, you mislead south africans and advertised as if we will have these features.

I urge you to escalate this to your managers as our next step is to contact all media outlets to write an article about Samsungs misleading ways to the South African puplic

Mbosh
Active Level 5
Wearables
Absolutely, two years waiting, we were sold a lie....even the watch 5 I'd certified a lot of hog wash I must say....
0 Likes
Hennosch
Active Level 3
Wearables
Very poor from Samsung. When are you activating the spo2. It can not be that difficult.
0 Likes