Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 that acts as Galaxy Watch

(Topic created on: 09-05-2021 10:37 PM)
CrissStef
Active Level 3
Options
Wearables
I am having a very poor experience in Middle East with Samsung mobile devices. I have moved from Apple ecosystem for about 6 years and moved to Samsung. I bought many products for me and my family but always there is a huge lack of support in the region for these devices. Lately I bought the Samsung Galaxy 4 classic LTE and this is what I am experiencing: 
1. No LTE support with Vodafone and Ooredoo 
2. No blood pressure measuring support 
3. No ECG support 
4. No e-pay support via NFC 
5. No Samsung Health Monitoring app available 
6. No country option for Samsung Galaxy Store available for Qatar (only UAE) 
7. All samsung username/ password coming only in Arabic (no English option) and the list can go on and on. 

Now I bought the latest wearable and I can only use it as a **bleep** outdated watch because all cool features are not working. 

Also I have a Samsung Galaxy s21 Ultra just because there is no Note newer flagship anymore but it is definetly not replacing the Note in any way. The foldables also are not addressing my segment. I really hope Note will come back into production because noe of the rest is filling its space.
12 Comments
Darkz3ro
Active Level 2
Wearables
I have the same issues that you have and guess what today samsung care centre told me !! Thats why we don't provide international warranty so you need to deal with it !! *&^%$ is this why you are selling these devices if nothing supported in MENA !!
CrissStef
Active Level 3
Wearables
How come apple watch is working with e-sim in Qatar, is working with NFC for payments, and has no restrictions? I believe the Samsung team in Middle East are not doing their job.
Wearables
Not sure if it's Samsung issue. Cause UAE allows only Huawei devices to use NFC technology to be used as Nol card.
0 Likes
CrissStef
Active Level 3
Wearables
I am in Qatar, mate. I can pay with my phone NFC but not with the watch.
0 Likes
Wearables
Ouch man, I hope your issues are addressed cause this is really sad news.
CrissStef
Active Level 3
Wearables
True. Thanks mate, but it feels like I have throwed the money out of the window as the watch is as usefuls as a Samsung Gear 1
Ahmadأحمد
Active Level 6
Wearables
Sell it or return, fight for ur money.
0 Likes
CrissStef
Active Level 3
Wearables
And buy what? Move back to Apple?
0 Likes
JS1
Active Level 5
Wearables
Same here, After received my Watch 4 only I came to know ECG & BP won't supported in Kuwait.
Samsung Pay is supported in phone but not in Watch.
Also as you mention, Galaxy Store I set my language as English, even then also most of it is in Arabic.

Samsung only cares about UAE, not other gulf regions.

Any way I found a way to work BP & ECG in watch 4 through a modded Samsung health monitoring apk from XDA. Only issue is, it won't sync the results with Samsung health app, thats all. But thats ok, the results will be available in the modded app.