Original topic:

Need information about ECG and SpO2 support in Active 2

(Topic created on: 07-30-2020 02:59 PM)
bhargavshah1988
Active Level 1
Options
Wearables

Hi,

I want to know support for ECG and SpO2 in India. 

If it is supported, how to enable/use it. 

Thank you.

--bhargav

0 Likes
9 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Wearables
it support heart rate and oxygen may be ..but not ecg
0 Likes
Wearables

Thanks for reply. How to enable Oxygen measurement ? 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Wearables
see it's have heart rate monitor sensor confirmed but I am not sure about spo2 sensor....if it's present then you can check ✔ it from stress measurement section because now a days Samsung shifted that facility to stress section only....the basic funda behind it is 👉the blood oxygen level is estimated based on the kind of reflection, so
a.) how much light comes back to the sensor
b.) WHICH light comes back to the sensor.Oxygenated Hemoglobin (=blood with good oxygen saturation) has a bright red color and absorbs more infrared light.Deoxygenated Hemoglobin (=blood with bad oxygen saturation) has a dark red color and absorbs more red light.
So by emitting a large-spectrum light (R and IR) and measuring the ratio of the feedback, the device can make a estimation of the blood oxygen level.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Wearables
sir,if you like my comments then please click on 3dots of my comments and accept my solution..as it helping others 🙂
0 Likes
tedhiunglii
Active Level 3
Wearables
Just go through the Samsung health app q&a section on the web you'll find it there!
0 Likes
Wearables

Thanks for reply. Can you please provide link ?

Solution
tedhiunglii
Active Level 3
Wearables
I'm sorry I thought the watch active got the update!😅 just read the article about it and found that:
The monitoring of blood pressure will be coming to the Galaxy Watch in the form of an update. First to the Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2, in the third quarter of the year; then to the rest of Galaxy Watch and progressively. Availability will vary by territory, but in principle the update will be global.
0 Likes
tedhiunglii
Active Level 3
Wearables
so probably you've to wait for a while now😅
0 Likes
vinod2410
Beginner Level 2
Wearables
i have bought samsung watch 3 but still i am not finding the app for measuring blood oxygen.
0 Likes