Original topic:

Major Issue noticed in Active 2 LTE while receiving a phonecall

(Topic created on: 06-18-2021 02:09 PM)
whats-in-a-name
Active Level 4
Options
Wearables

Folks I have been using an Active 2 LTE SM-825 for last 2 months now. I am using it with my Phone S20+ and Galaxy Live Earbuds.

While things have been ok for last 2  months recently i noticed a major issue and i checked with another user who mentioned he is facing it too.

Issue

1. If the watch is on LTE mode and you accept an incoming phone call on the watch, the call starts with the speaker and mic of the watch being used. So far ok.

2. Now if you then take your Samsung Ear Buds Live out of their case (which are already paired on Blue tooth with the watch earlier) in order to use them for this call which is going on, the Ear Buds connect via bluetooth and the call moves to the ear buds from the watch speaker and mic. So far still ok.

3. Now Within nearly 30secs to 1min if you are still on the call, the watch displays "Caution Watch Overheating and will go into Safe Mode"(or something like that). While the watch is not showing any signs of overheating from outside.

4. After this the call disconnects in 10 secs and the watch goes on a mode where everything is off like Wi-Fi, BT, LTE and it even does not display a watch face.

5. You need to then reboot the watch in order to make it work again.

This has happened with me on 2 calls and hence I am raising this concern. This really puts you in a bad spot as during that message you cannot move that call to your phone as this came in on an LTE connection and not Bluetooth and the Phone does not even know that you are on a call. Infact the call log on the phone also will not show this incoming call till you restart the watch, it connects on Bluetooth and syncs the call log.

Samsung you guys need to fix this big time as all devices are yours Watch/Phone/Headset......your Eco System is having interoperability issues within your own devices.

A user should be able to take an incoming call on the watch and move it to Blue tooth headsets and continue with the call till it is on(without any issues/time restrictions).

6 Comments
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Wearables

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We would request you to register your concern in Samsung Members Application. So, that our concern team gets back to you as soon as possible.

Please follow this path to register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Note. please attach the error log file within 15 minutes of the error occurred.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
siddhu14321
Active Level 1
Wearables
Yes i also facing this issue
0 Likes
ags12
Active Level 6
Wearables
Does this issue still persist or it is solved..
If the watch is connected to phone and if we are talking through the watch itself, then also you are facing the issue?
0 Likes
Wearables
Hi. The issue only comes when the call is moved from phone to watch as explained in my post. I have not check recently if it has resolved after any SW upgrade. Will do and update
0 Likes
Brahmteg
Active Level 1
Wearables

Can u pls tell me that the phone u used to connect esim was samsung or other android phone as I am not able to connect it with my redmi k 20

0 Likes
Wearables
I used a Samsung S20+. But can use any Android Phone to connect esim. I have a separate detailed post on that. Pls check it in the forum. There I have shown entire process for activation of esim with NonSamsung phone using One Plus as example
0 Likes