Original topic:

How ECG works ?

(Topic created on: 07-01-2022 08:24 AM)
Vivekku19981
★★
Options
Wearables
Hello Members, 

Heart rate monitors are part and parcel of smartwatches and fitness trackers now, but electrocardiogram (ECG) is the new sensor in town. 

It helps people keep closer tabs on their heart health and can even be used to help identify atrial fibrillation (Afib) a serious medical condition that is leading cause of stroke. 

How it works ? 

In watches, have optical heart rate monitors inside them. This monitor uses flashing LEDs to penetrate the skin and detect blood flow. When light is reflected off the flow of blood, it captures by the sensors. The algorithm then gets to work to turn that into an estimation of your heart rate. Rather than measuring blood flow, its designed to measure how well your heart is working. 

Why you buy an ECG smartwatch ? 

ECG smartwatch can detect if you have atrial fibrillation, a condition that causes an irregular heart rate, and is a leading cause of strokes. 

Taking an ECG reading on your watch can tell you if you have a health heart rhythm - Very important in today's busy life. 

Samsung Watch 4 - 

Not only measures ECG but also measures Blood oxygen level and many more. 

Please let me know feedbacks and suggestions, if any in comments. 

Thank you! 
8 Comments
Sid_Karna
Expert Level 5
Wearables
Is it medically approved? Because the ECG of Apple watch is approved by FDA in US.
Wearables
Region dependent, few countries are still waiting approval..Screenshot_20220701-091647_Samsung Internet_58635_1656647219.pngScreenshot_20220701-091747_Samsung Internet_58636_1656647278.png
Sid_Karna
Expert Level 5
Wearables
This is about availability or medical approval?
Wearables
Approval...
iamrohitkm
Expert Level 5
Wearables
I think it ll never be available in India because Indian government won't give approval.
0 Likes
Wearables
ECG on the watch isnt available in India for now... So, not approved here just yet.
Sukhesh_K
Beginner Level 2
Wearables
When will this feature be enabled in India?
0 Likes
iamrohitkm
Expert Level 5
Wearables
I don't think so it ll be enabled in India because Indian government doesn't give approval.
0 Likes